Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience of providing excellent customer support, as part of an IT Service Desk – or as an IT or AV technician or similar role
- Experience of working within and across teams to motivate and support colleagues, resolve customer enquiries and deliver team objectives.
- A wide and current knowledge of a broad range of applications, platforms and IT and/or AV equipment
- Evidence of horizon scanning, to identify industry trends and innovation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to accurately capture, diagnose and resolve IT or AV related issues, using standard repeatable processes.
- Demonstrable ability to creatively troubleshoot problems using a variety of problem-solving techniques to provide a solution.
- Demonstrable ability to work accurately and confidently with technology.
- Demonstrable ability to multi-task, working across contact channels, delivering support in multiple locations to customers with diverse needs.
- Ability to support delivery of continual improvement across Service Desk processes.
- Experience or awareness of SLA’s and/or KPI’s
Level 1 – ‘a little’ (you do not need to be able to speak any Welsh to apply for this role)
e.g. pronounce Welsh words, place names, department names. Able to answer the phone in Welsh (good morning / afternoon). Able to use of learn very basic every-day words and phrases (thank you, please, excuse me). Level 1 can be reached by completing a one-hour training course.
For more information about the Welsh Language Levels please refer to the Welsh Language Skills Assessment web page, which is available here .
The University is committed to supporting and promoting equality and diversity in all of its practices and activities. We aim to establish an inclusive environment and welcome diverse applications from the following protected characteristics: age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race (including colour, nationality, ethnic and national origin), religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation.
We have an under-representation of women and would particularly welcome applications from women for this position. We also have an under representation of individuals from ethnic minority backgrounds and would encourage applications from these groups. Appointments will always be made on merit.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.