University of Greenwich
View All Vacancies
Student Services – Student Finance & Financial Support
Location: Greenwich Campus
£29,762 to £35,308
plus £5118 London weighting
Release Date: Friday 10 March 2023
Closing Date: Friday 24 March 2023
To be confirmed
The Student Fees and Financial Support Team pride itself in supporting our students with information and advice on student finance matters to help make informed choices whilst ensuring financial sustainability and growth of the University. We are committed in the promotion of enhanced student experience and success by providing financial support and awareness with the means of tailored resources. In seeking to achieve our objectives, we work in close partnership with key external and internal stakeholders across the university including Faculty academic and professional staff as well as professional services staff and students. The Student Finance Officer (Debit Administration) role will be central to ensuring that the team operates effectively, coherently and consistently in achieving its objectives.
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Monitor and supervise the day to day operations of tuitions fees adjustment, refunds and other student finance areas in line with strict auditory control.
- Contribute to and support in the delivery of quality, cost efficient administrative services
- Be conversant with student finance process and procedure.
- Support the development and enhancement of student finance systems and processes.
- Undertake all finance related activities involved in debit administration.
- Develop and maintain systems to ensure oversight of the operation of student finance processes.
- Maintain accurate recording of funds and bursaries on student record database and associated administration.
- Provide financial support by signposting, referring students to appropriate services within and external to the University.
- Support in maintaining a strong proactive customer-focused service to student.
Candidates will have experience of working in higher education, or a similar environment and should have:
- Experience of working under pressure and managing priorities.
- Experience working in process driven team and accurate data entry
- Experience of using Microsoft packages such as Word, Excel, Teams, OneDrive and PowerPoint.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively.
- The ability to organise your own work, and the work of others, prioritising workload to meet key deadlines.
- A high degree of accuracy and the ability to pay close attention to detail.
- The ability to remain calm under pressure.
- The ability to build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders in a professional manner.
- The ability to analyse and interpret data.
For an informal discussion about the post please contact Zeyna Fall at [email protected]
Should you have any recruitment related queries please contact the HR Recruitment Team on [email protected]
We are looking for people who can help us deliver our mission of transforming lives through inspired teaching and research, through our values.
Academic Career Pathways
The university welcomes people from diverse and underrepresented communities who can help the university to achieve its mission.
We do this through taking positive action such as encouraging applications from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic, disabled and LGBT+ people. As part of our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, Time to Change Employer Pledge /Mentally Healthy Universities , we are committed to promoting and supporting the physical and mental health of all our staff, and removing barriers to improve inclusion.
We encourage applicants to disclose experience of mental health problems so we can support them fully during our recruitment process and make any necessary reasonable adjustments. Any information disclosed will be kept confidential and separate from the job application form.
We are making significant strides to understand and continuously improve our employees’ experience and we are committed to implementing progressive diversity talent management.
We aim to be an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.