Created in 1979, Action contre la Faim is a non-governmental organization that fights against hunger. Its charter of humanitarian principals- independence, neutrality, non-discrimination, free and direct access to victims, professionalism, transparency – has been part of its identity for more than 40 years. Its mission is to save lives by eliminating hunger through the prevention, detection and treatment of under-nutrition, particularly during and after emergency situations linked to conflicts or natural disasters. Action contre la Faim focuses its actions on 5 main areas of expertise: Nutrition and Health – Mental Health, Psychosocial Support and Protection – Food Security and Livelihoods – Water, Sanitation and Hygiene – Advocacy. In 2021, Action contre la Faim provided aid to 25 million people in more than 46 countries worldwide. www.actioncontrelafaim.org
Under the supervision of the MEAL Head of Department you will have to contribute to increase the programs’ impact through the implementation of an efficient monitoring and evaluation system at the base level. Additionally, build the capacity of the deputy MEAL manager and provide recommandation for the suitability of the individual for MEAL manager – East and nationalization position.
In details you will be responsible for:
– Ensure the utilization of MEAL systems for ACF programs at the base level to ensure compliance with donors and ACF MEAL standards
– Ensure proper and timely reporting of MEAL activities
– To build the capacity of the base MEAL staff through trainings, mentorships and coaching to ensure quality control of monitoring and evaluation activities.
You hold a Master’s degree in Economics, Social Sciences, Business, Administration, statistics, demography or related subject with previous experience working in humanitarian projects.You have a minimum of 3 years of previous experience working with NGOs covering multi-sectorial programming, in the domain of MEAL
Strong commitment to support/develop capacity of national staffYou are fluent in English (both written and spoken skills) (+ fluent in Ukrainian is preferred)
SPECIFIC CONDITIONS / SALARY
– 6 months fixed term contract under French legislation – Monthly gross salary from 2130 to 2337EUR upon experience
– Reimbursement of the pension insurance for non-French citizens: 16% of the gross monthly salary – Annual salary increase: 6% increase after and each 12 months of continuous contract
– Monthly per diem and living allowance: 686EUR net, field paid
– Monthly country allowance: 450EUR
– Cold allowance: Reimbursement for the purchase of winter equipment for a maximum of 380EUR per person per year in severe cold contexts
– Child allowance: 1500EUR per year per child present in the country of origin (maximum 6000EUR/year) – Transportation and accommodation: Coverage of transportation costs and guest house
– Medical coverage: ACF covers 100% of the social security, health insurance, and repatriation insurance agreement fees.
– Salary sustainment measures (sickness, paternity, maternity)
– Leaves and RnR: 25 days of paid leaves per year, 20 RnR per year, airfare reimbursement with a ceiling to get to the chosen break destination, and 215 EUR for each RnR period
– Accompaniment and trainings: – Follow-up and support for career development
– Free and unlimited access to the certifying e-learning platform Crossknowledge ©
ACF is committed to people with disabilities and actively fights against all forms of discrimination.
How to apply
Pour postuler, cliquez sur ce lien / To apply, please click on this following link : apply here