- Manchester (M3) – Lancashire, North West, United Kingdom
- Market related
- Main Industry:
- Search Accountancy Jobs
- Other Industries & Skills:
- Finance, Banking & Insurance
- Serve Talent
- Job ID:
- Posted On:
- 12 February 2024
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
* A company people centric culture.
* Competitive base salary dependent on level of experience & qualifications.
* A comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme, including 24/7 GP access.
* Exam study and support.
* Contributory Pension.
* Life assurance benefit.
* 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays and our purchase/buy back scheme.
* x 2 CRS volunteer days.
* Various discounts on lifestyle and entertainment via our ‘Perks at Work’ membership.
Woodgate & Clark has been providing a loss adjusting service to the UK insurance market for over 40 years and, since 2015, has been part of the Van Ameyde Group, Europe’s market leader in international claims management.
At Woodgate & Clark, we pride ourselves on our superior technical expertise and the quality of the service that we provide to our clients, whilst enjoying one of the highest ratios of qualified personnel in the profession.
The Vacancy – Accounts Assistant:
We are looking to strengthen and evolve our Finance team, continually moving towards a proactive and effective finance function that will drive business decisions.
As an Accounts Assistant, you’ll support our Finance Team with general accounting administration tasks such as reconciliations, ledger analysis and the implementation of new systems which will deliver best in practice to ensure we deliver the best level of service to our internal and external customers.
This is an outstanding opportunity for someone looking for personal development since although you’ll be working autonomously, our culture is to support our employees with the appropriate level of support (guidance and mentoring) to fulfil their role to the required standards and drive their career progression.
We’re looking for a quality focussed, detail orientated candidate, ideally from a commercial background. You’ll ideally have had some experience with SAP accounting systems however training will be given. You’ll have an analytical mindset with a natural flair for problem solving.
What you’ll be doing – Accounts Assistant:
* Support the General Accountant and Finance team with our SAP general ledger administration.
* Reconciliation of bank statements and update to accountancy database daily.
* Investigate and support on any ledger or reconciliation variances and provide updates.
* Support all internal and external audits.
* Provide administration support for quarterly surveys as required by the Office for National Statistics.
* Provide an efficient administrative service to the Finance Controller and wider finance team.
* Participate in projects as and when they arise.
* Always ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements and highlight any contravention to the General Accountant or Financial Controller.
* Always uphold Woodgate & Clark Limited Code of Business Conduct.
You will have / be:
You’ll ideally be AAT/ATT qualified foundation level or be working towards or a similar qualification. Previous experience in a commercial environment at similar level is a district advantage, however we will consider applicants with relevant analytical skills who are looking for their next step towards an Accounts Assistant role.
Payroll knowledge is desirable.
As a small team it is essential that you’ll be flexible in terms of the tasks you undertake as well as being proactive and able to share your knowledge and experiences. As well as:
* Quality focused – providing quality service to both internal customers.
* Excellent numeracy, accuracy and administration skills.
* Competent use of MS office technology including Excel to an intermediate to advanced level. PowerPoint would be an advantage.
* Team focused – working with colleagues throughout the business.
* Proactive – responding to daily workloads as dictated by business requirements with effective time management skills.
* Ability to work on own initiative and demonstrate attention to detail.
* Ability to work as an individual and as part of a team.
* Excellent internal customer service and communication skills.
* A positive attitude and a proactive approach to solving problems.
* Able to co-ordinate a variety of actions concurrently.
* Honesty and discretion in dealing with sensitive information.
If you have the necessary experience and would be interested in joining a progressive and expanding company who invest heavily in employee development, then please apply.
Woodgate & Clark operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, age, politic opinions or trade union membership.
Woodgate & Clark uses a third party to undertake a number of checks. Any offer of employment made by Woodgate & Clark would be conditional upon receiving a satisfactory reference, identity.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.