The ThamesWey Group of companies operates in the housing and energy sectors with sustainability at our core. Our goal is to deliver projects at a local level that will contribute to global climate
challenges, as well as to ensure our society is equipped to thrive and grow to meet the needs
of an ever-changing world, not just for now, but for generations to come. We were created in
order to design and build sustainable communities, where anyone can find a place to call home,
where trade can thrive and people can prosper. Our strategy is to consider the community as a
whole, from its people, where they live, where they work, how they travel, the energy they need
and how they impact the environment they occupy.
Action Surrey is a flagship partnership scheme managed by ThamesWey Sustainable Communities. We were set up in 2013 by Surrey County Council and local councils across
Surrey to provide an impartial energy advice service. We help Surrey residents and small businesses save money on their energy bills, keep
warm and reduce their environmental impact.
Our trained energy advisors help to identify options for comfort improvements, bill reductions and grant funding to contribute to installation costs. We have a network of trusted
and experienced installers for energy saving measures and operate a
direct referral route.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and committed professional to lead the overall operational performance and growth of the Action Surrey partnership to build on recent successes and the increasing policy imperative to rapidly improve the energy efficiency of the existing building stock. By supporting the development of the current team and collaborating extensively with partners and stakeholders, the successful candidate will have significant opportunity to drive delivery of energy efficiency across the Surrey building stock, grow local supply-chains and leverage grant funding to help those most in need. With the urgent need to accelerate actions which tackle climate change, the ideal candidate will expand Actions Surrey’s market offer, using innovation and creativity to find solutions which overcome the barriers to progress.
To drive an increase in the rate of installation of cost-effective energy efficiency measures
across Surrey County by: i) securing sources of external funding and achieving value for money from every pound spent; ii) working in partnership with Local Authorities and installers to identify target markets and
provide a positive customer experience; iii) expanding Action Surrey’s market offers & using innovation to increase uptake and
reduce costs, and iv) raising the profile and performance of Action Surrey as a highly effective, trustworthy,
- Operational delivery and performance
- Strategic planning and growth
- Stakeholder management and customer satisfaction
- Quality management
- Team building and personal development
Knowledge and Experience
- Net zero policies relating to buildings & energy efficiency retrofit.
- Project design, delivery and risk management.
- Reporting and forecasting performance against KPIs.
- Securing funding and budget planning.
- Procuring and co-ordinating partners and contractors.
- Stakeholder and customer management, with a range of views.
- Development of business plans and business cases.
- Energy efficiency/low carbon interventions.
- Customer segmentation and consumer behaviour change.
- Development of communications and marketing plans.
- Ideas generation and conversion to full proposals.
- Producing winning tender submissions.
- Local and national funding mechanisms eg ECO, LAD
Education and Qualifications
- Educated to degree level or > 2 years’ experience in a related field
- Energy, environmental or sustainability related qualifications
- Project Management
- Use of Excel and databases, including reporting and charts.
- Data analysis, synthesis and interpretation.
- Communicating with impact – orally and in writing – tailored to audiences.
- Interrogation of financial information including project budgets and forecast income and
- Resource planning.
- Pipeline creation, management and conversion.
- Proficiency in social media tools and opportunities
- Grant rules and determination of best value.
- Passion to achieve a fair and just transition to net zero and personally committed to
accelerating the transition.
- Results orientated – determined to meet or exceed targets.
- Diligent and conscientious, takes equal pride in achieving performance and development of
“team” and “self”.
- Sound judgement and ability to make effective decisions, resolving competing priorities and
- Resilient to diverse and/or competing interests and ability to navigate difficult conversations
to reach consensus.
- Commercially and financially astute.
- Diplomatic, negotiates with partners and influences decision-makers.
- Ability to both instruct and coach staff, as the need arises.
- Uses initiative and imagination to solve problems, develop new proposals and inspire a culture
- Can manage multiple work-streams and bring them in on time.
- Ability and enthusiasm for identifying new opportunities, scaling activity and growing a
satisfied customer base.
To apply, please send your CV and a short covering letter to [email protected]
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.