Oxford Brookes University
The Faculty of Health and Life Sciences is recruiting for a part-time (0.6 FTE) Administrator (Research). The research-active Faculty covers a wide range of disciplines including Psychology, Biological and Medical Research, Sport, Health Sciences, Social Work, Nursing and Midwifery. This is a varied role within the Faculty’s Research Office and will be a fixed-term, two year appointment in the first instance.
The Faculty Research Office is a small friendly team providing administrative support for all aspects of research in the Faculty. You will be working alongside the Senior Administrator (Research) to provide comprehensive administrative support to the Faculty’s Postgraduate Tutors, research supervisors and research students to facilitate the successful recruitment and progression of research students. This is a new post which reflects the growth in this area.
You will be:
– Responsible for the organisation of faculty-based elements of research student recruitment and provide support for appropriate admissions procedures, student induction, and student examination and progression.
– Explaining the University’s regulations and entry requirements to applicants, research students and academic staff where appropriate.
– Organising induction of new research students and training/networking events for continuing students and annual progress interviews.
– Maintaining a research student database and drawing reports from centrally held databases to provide data and analysis to the Faculty’s Management Team and Post Graduate Research Tutors.
– Provide administrative support to formal committees and meetings.
You should have:
– Minimum of 5 GCSEs at Grade C/4 or above including Maths and English.
– Previous administrative experience in an office environment.
– Excellent organisational and time management skills.
– Experience of successfully working to strict deadlines.
– Good oral and written communication / interpersonal skills
– The ability to work successfully as part of a team.
The team has a hybrid approach to working, with an expectation of at least one day a week in the office.
If you would like an informal discussion, please email Lorraine Williams, Research Manager, at [email protected]
You will also enjoy the benefits of working at Oxford Brookes University with up to 38 days holiday, rising to 41 days holiday (this includes 13 Bank Holidays and Concessionary Days), a generous Local Government pension scheme (19.2% Employer contribution rate), cycle to work scheme and access to a variety of university facilities (NHS Dentist, Brookes Nursery, Gym and sports facilities). For more information about benefits please see the document ‘All about Brookes’ below. CV and Personal Statement:
As part of the application process all applicants are required to complete our online application form by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button below. All parts of the application form should be completed and in the section of the form called “Supporting Documents”, applicants must upload their CV and a Personal Statement. To complete the Personal Statement part of the application, applicants must download the Personal Statement document which is part of the advert below and complete the form, providing examples and explaining how they meet each item detailed on the document. The Personal Statement must then be uploaded to the application form along with the CV.
At Oxford Brookes, inclusivity is one of our five guiding principles: we take positive steps to create an environment in which we celebrate, value and provide equal opportunity to all. We are committed to recruiting from the widest possible pool and welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates who embrace our values, regardless of their background.
As a Disability Confident Employer, we guarantee to interview any disabled applicant who meets the essential selection criteria.
To email the post of Administrator (Research) to a friend please copy and paste the link below:
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.