Working at Oxfam
- Coordinate the development and implementation of bold, progressive advocacy, media and communication strategies for Oxfam in Pakistan (OIP), linking country programming to advocacy, policy, media and communications initiatives at district, provincial, national and global levels.
- Manage good collaboration with OIP colleagues on advocacy, media and communications work.
- Mobilise and manage internal and external financial and other resources to implement agreed advocacy strategies and plans by supporting programme development, adhering to all OIP’s policies, practices and guidelines.
- Ensure that Oxfam’s advocacy work in Pakistan feeds into Oxfam’s global campaigns when relevant and potentially represent Pakistan to different OI campaigns working groups.
- Develop approaches to monitoring and evaluation/impact assessment of advocacy work and ensure effective roll-out.
- Coordinate the production of briefing papers, policy position and public communication materials.
- As a member of the Senior Management Team (SMT), attend meetings and actively engage in country level management and strategic dialogue, planning and activities, providing leadership to the overall operation of the country programme that promotes Oxfam’s “one programme approach”, provide peer support to all CMT members.
- Provide leadership and guidance to the advocacy, media and communications team, performance manage all direct line reports including development and coaching of staff, ensure compliance with Oxfam’s HR policies, procedures and guidelines.
MEDIA AND COMMUNICATIONS
- Develop and oversee external and internal information and communications for the advocacy work in Pakistan
- Oversee media, social media and communications advice to project partner and build their capacity to profile their work effectively. This would include institutional strengthening of partners to help them execute their campaign plans, prepare appropriate responses in the media and social media, brand risk and maximising impact of communications.
- Work with country team to deliver high impact stories for use in national, regional, and global markets for traditional and social media.
- Ensure delivery of high-quality communication products – such as best practice case stories, photos, annual reports, newsletters, video, Oxfam in Pakistan social media pages etc.
- Coordinate and support the media activities of the Country Director and SMT
- Oversee and ensure the Influencing partners under the humanitarian response execute their work plans as per the targets and timelines agreed
- Lobby actively external targets in line with the objectives of the humanitarian influencing advocacy strategies and represent Oxfam in external events
- Provide leadership and support in commissioning high quality research in support of advocacy plans
- Ensure that gender lens is applied across all levels of planning and delivery
- Support the Country Director in managing activities relating to the humanitarian networks such as Pakistan Humanitarian Forum (PHF), including the PHF Advocacy Working Group
- Coordinate key processes and actions between and among advocacy and influencing partners and Oxfam in Pakistan staff
- Establish and orient staff and partners on principles of partnership and partnership management; facilitate on-boarding of new partners; build capacity of humanitarian and comms staff to effectively work with partners around advocacy and influencing
- Coordinate the strengthening of local and national advocacy and influencing partners’ capacity to deliver quality results, working across relevant departments to set up systems for capacity building;
- In collaboration with advocacy and influencing partners, plan and facilitate regular meetings between partners and Oxfam staff, ensuring that discussions are as constructive, relevant, and mutually beneficial as possible; Follow up to ensure that mutually-agreed-upon actions are met;
- Promote relationships of mutual respect and mutual learning with advocacy and influencing partners, and provide guidance to relevant Oxfam staff on partner led approach
- Work across departments to identify and address partnership-related action points, and to introduce new ways of working to make partnerships more effective as an advocacy and influencing hub.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
- Postgraduate or Master’s degree in social sciences, international relations, development studies, or a related field
- At least ten years of demonstrated work experience in the field of media and communications with International/National NGOs, corporate or a media firm
- Extensive experience in advocacy and/or campaigns and/or media/communications work in humanitarian/development sector
- Ability to link strategies and campaigns to operational programme activities.
- Sound understanding on the development context of Pakistan and rights-based approach
- Prior experience of working in a similar role within a consortium or under a partnership model
- High level interpersonal, influencing and diplomatic skills along with awareness of political sensitivities
- Ability to liaise with and represent Oxfam to wide range of actors at country, regional and international levels
- Excellent information gathering and analytical skills.
- Strong people-management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to motivate, influence and negotiate both internally and externally
- Sensitivity and judgement to play an effective ‘advisory’ function to the management line.
- Strong team player with proven ability to step-up and lead as and when needed and vice versa
- Innovative and creative approach to problem solving.
- An understanding of protection and the ability to apply this within humanitarian policy and advocacy work.
- Commitment to humanitarian principles and action and commitment to Oxfam’s equal opportunity and gender policies, Oxfam’s aims and objectives.
- Supportive and effective manager and team player
- Willingness to travel extensively, mostly within the country
- Fluent written and spoken English.
This role will give you an opportunity to make a difference in Programe, to act as key contributor to Oxfam, to work with a group of passionate people that are specialists in their respective fields etc, training and development, offers fair pay and competitive benefits package.
How to apply:
As part of your online application, please upload your up to date CV and Cover Letter explaining your suitability against the essential criteria in the job profile.
Apply For This Role
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.