OHES, Part of the Adler and Allan Group
What we do
We provide environmental and energy infrastructure services that protect the environment and
reduce the risk of pollution, operational downtime, profit loss and reputation damage for our
customers. Through the management and maintenance of assets, we support the ESG, CSR and
sustainability ambitions across the UK.
Who we are
We are an ambitious team who are focused on growth, putting our customers at the heart of what
we do, and we live our values of Safety, Service,
Working Together, Wellbeing and Expertise.
Our culture is can-do, fun and where everyone has a part to play. If you want to help
businesses and protect the environment, this role could be for you.
What we would like to offer you:
- Competitive salary
- Company vehicle suitable for the role
- Pension scheme
- Refer a friend scheme
- 25 annual leave plus bank holidays
- Company phone, iPad and PPE provided
- Training and career progression opportunities
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme (with access to GP appointments, Physio appointments and
Mental Health Support)
We are currently seeking to recruit an Assistant Ecologist to be based in the East Anglia area
where you will report to the Ecology Manager. The purpose of the role is to provide aquatic and
terrestrial ecological consultancy to existing and new projects and provision of ecological
support to the Group.
This is a homebased working role, contractual hours are 35 per week Monday-Friday with daily
hours being 9am until 5pm, five days per week with a 1-hour unpaid lunch break each day. In
addition to contractual hours, the postholder will be required to dedicate any time required to
ensure all tasks are satisfied and completed.
Your day will look like this:
- Undertake ecological site assessments and surveys of aquatic and terrestrial fauna and
flora and complete associated summary reports and assist in technical reports.
- Be reactive and respond to environmental incidents, complete the fieldwork necessary to
enable a professional ecological impact assessment to be completed.
- Support delivery of protected species site assessments and surveys and complete associated
summary reports and assist in technical reports.
- Support pollution incident responses.
- Support the wider Water & Ecology team with general project delivery.
- Communication with clients.
- Data entry and analysis, including mapping.
- Assist with reporting.
- Maintain equipment and observe biosecurity measures.
- Project manage own workloads on a daily basis in conjunction with senior staff.
- Provision of accurate and timely information to line management.
- Any other duties for which the post-holder is qualifies and able to carry out.
How you can help us with your experience:
- 1 – 2 years of experience in the ecological consultancy, with a particular emphasis on the
- Hold a degree (or equivalent) in an environmental subject.
- Understand the principals and practice of key ecological field surveys.
- Have IT skills, particularly Microsoft Office, to enable delivery of high-quality
communication and reporting.
- Possess analytical and numeric skills required for the role.
- Be prepared to work in inclement weather and outside of normal social working hours.
- Good personal time management, communication skills with internal and external clients and
team members locally and nationally.
- Willingness to learn new skills and to be flexible in terms of travelling and working hours
as projects can be distributed across the UK.
- Working towards professional accreditation.
- Knowledge of legislation relating to the aquatic environment and its implementation,
particularly the Water Framework Directive, would be an advantage.
- A full UK driving licence.
- Right to work in the UK.
If you feel you have the skills, personality, and experience, please apply
Why Adler and Allan
Adler and Allan Group provides market leading environmental risk reduction through preventative
and responsive solutions offering an expert 24-7 service to our customers. We give our
customers peace of mind in detecting and identifying the environmental risks posed to their
business. Our broad range of risk mitigation products and services keep businesses strong,
reducing the prospect of litigation, costly fines, and bad publicity, as well as reducing the
threat to the environment. In a world where the environment and legislation are in constant
flux, we also provide emergency response in a variety of settings. Our customers include
multinational blue-chip organisations across a wide range of sectors both private and public.
If this role doesn’t seem the right fit- take a look at our careers page to see what
else, we have for you or email careers to see how we can help and our recruitment team will be
in touch: [email protected]
Find out more & apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.