Focus Environmental Consultants
Do you want to take the first step into ecological consultancy? We know that gaining first-hand
ecological consultancy experience will make your CV stand out from the crowd and help you win
that first permanent position. We have an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Ecologist to
join our team on a seasonal placement. You will work directly under our in-house Senior Ecological Team
on a wide range of ecological projects across England & Wales, gaining a fantastic mixture
of field and office-based skills.
Placement dates: from April (flexible start date) – Friday 29 September 2023.
Salary: Dependent on experience but starting at £21,000
(pro-rata) based on a 37.5hr week.
- Positive attitude and desire to learn.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Full driving license and access to own vehicle.
- Willing to work anti-social hours and stay away from home as required.
- Interest in UK native fauna & flora.
- Relevant degree.
- Relevant training and experience.
- Previous bat survey experience.
- Additional survey skills (e.g. reptiles, great crested newts, botanical, birds,
invertebrates, water vole, badger).
All equipment, PPE, expenses, and training is provided, as well as an ecologist-designed TOIL policy for anti-social
surveys. Assistant Ecologists are only expected to complete a maximum of 3 nocturnal surveys per week. The role involves no weekend work and includes 32 days annual leave (pro rata
– including bank holidays). This is an office-based role and candidates would be expected to
work at the company office in Worcester when not on site.
How to apply?
Please email your CV and a cover letter to Fern Fellowes-Day at [email protected]
Find out more & apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.