University of Leeds
View All Vacancies
Salary Grade 7 (£36,333 – £43,155 p.a. (£37,099 – £44,263 p.a. from 1 August 2023) p.a.)
Finance – Unipol Student Homes
Unipol is a housing Charity established in 1973. We provide assistance in finding and supplying housing for students in Nottingham, Leeds and Bradford.
About the Role:
The Assistant Finance Manager – Income is a key member of staff, maintaining and administering Unipol’s financial and other records in close co-operation with the Director of Finance, Finance Manager, Assistant Finance Manager – Expenditure and the finance team. The ability to work independently and as part of the team is essential.
As Assistant Finance Manager – Income your main duties will include:
- Ownership of income reporting monthly and quarterly;
- Overseeing the billing for all non-rent income;
- Assisting the Assistant Chief Executive – Housing in creating rent budgets;
- Preparation of all income budgets and phasing;
- Overseeing the Cash Receipt system;
- Managing the Cash Flow reporting;
- Overseeing the management of the financial transactions for the Property Management portfolio;
- Overseeing the debt collection process – rents and non-rental income;
- Overseeing the reporting of lettings;
- Audit and ad hoc reporting;
- Line management, review, development and appraisal of the Finance Assistant – Cash Book, Rent Collection Officer and the Finance Operations and Project Assistant who report directly to the Assistant Finance Manager – Income;
- Assisting the Finance Manager in day to day operations and training of the Finance team.
These duties provide a framework for the role and should not be regarded as a definitive list. Other reasonable duties may be required consistent with the grade of the post.
What we offer in return
- 26 days holiday plus 16 Bank Holidays/days that the University is closed by custom (including Christmas) – that’s 42 days a year!
- Generous pension scheme – the University contributes 21.6% of salary
- Health and Wellbeing: Discounted staff membership options at The Edge, our state-of-the-art Campus gym, with a pool, sauna, climbing wall, cycle circuit, and sports halls.
- Personal Development: Access to courses run by our Organisational Development & Professional Learning team, and self-development courses including languages, Creative Writing, Wellbeing Therapies and much more.
- Access to on-site childcare, shopping discounts and travel schemes are also available.
And much more!
The closing date is midnight on Sunday 18th June 2023.
To explore the post further or for any queries you may have, please contact [email protected]
Click here for further information about Unipol http://www.unipol.org.uk/home
All those working in Unipol are jointly employed by Unipol Student Homes and the University of Leeds.
Unipol Student Homes is a company limited by guarantee, registered in England and Wales NO 3401440. Registered Charity No. 1063492
Location: Leeds – Main Campus
Faculty/Service: Professional Services
Category: Professional & Managerial
£36,333 to £43,155
Contract Type: Ongoing
Release Date: Thursday 18 May 2023
Closing Date: Sunday 18 June 2023
Downloads: Candidate Brief
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.