At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and experiences that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
The Associate Design Director at AKQA will approach every brief with fresh eyes. Avoiding familiar solutions, the candidate will create and inspire work that is distinctive, effective and truly remarkable. They lead by example to consistently inspire creative colleagues to create world-class, pioneering ideas that conceptualise world-class solutions, while acting as a strategic and conceptual leader on projects. As. Design Directors at AKQA display a cohesive understanding and can execute the principles that make innovative and effective digital communications, interface design, and interaction design.
We exist to create the future with our clients and that partnership is the basis of our practice. We work collaboratively across client teams to ensure each experience is of the highest quality and has a measurable impact on the customer and business alike.
- Sets creative direction throughout all phases of project work from discovery to launch and beyond with ongoing optimization
- Acts as a creative lead for one or more accounts, managing multiple tracks of work across a variety of teams
- Works internally and with clients to develop the strategy, experience concepts and establish the overarching design direction for the experience
- Produces compelling and highly usable experience solutions in response to client needs
- Communicates and represents creative vision and execution with client partners
- Continually develops processes to inspire, innovate, and harness new ways of thinking
- Inspires and leads by example, setting professional standards for the team and the department
- Actively trains, mentors, and manages junior to mid-level creatives and designers.
- Responsible for managing and guiding junior to mid-level creatives’ careers within AKQA (including regular one-on-one check-ins), writing and delivering annual performance reviews, and taking responsibility for on-boarding new employees and guiding them through a successful tenure at AKQA
- Creatively participates in new business pitches – i.e. responsible for ideas and creative work, and competently presents pitches
Be able to geode but also prepared to be hands on with exceptional experience in industry design tools
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in the creative industry
- Mandatory proficiency in English
- Extensive background in leading and managing teams, as well as overseeing client interactions
- Portfolio showcasing a profound understanding of creative disciplines, encompassing conceptual and executional aspects such as art direction, user experience, and UI design
- Demonstrated success in fostering creativity within collaborative, cross-disciplinary teams
- In-depth understanding of the marketing industry, coupled with an adaptable approach to evolving technology landscapes
- Advantageous experience in the fashion or luxury sector
- Proven track record in crafting and delivering digital platforms and products, from initial brief to post-delivery support
- Collaborative experience with UX and development teams, demonstrating effective leadership
- Proficiency in user interface, application, mobile, and responsive design
- Exceptional communication skills, encompassing verbal, written, and interpersonal interactions within and between departments
- Professionalism and mature demeanor in all job-related aspects
- Thought leadership: Ability to contribute strategically to project development, offering creative ideas, and promoting conceptual thinking within the team
AKQA is committed to developing wellbeing and supporting life choices for our team. We provide an extensive range of benefits. To find out more click here.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Apply on company website
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.