University of Oxford
Grade 7: £36,024 – £44,263 per annum
FTC 4 months, Full Time
The Oxford Seed Fund, a successful initiative administered by the Entrepreneurship Centre team and led by a student team from Oxford Said Business School, is seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated Associate Fellow to join our team. The fund invests in Oxford-affiliated ventures and provides entrepreneurs with the network and support they need to scale their businesses. Supported by Oxford Science Enterprises and the CVC Foundation, and powered by the staff of the Entrepreneurship Centre, the fund has recently raised significant funding and is scaling its activity accordingly.
Overview of the Role Associate Fellows are outgoing Student Associates of the Seed Fund who have made a significant contribution to the running of the fund throughout the year. This role is designed to help incoming Student Associates quickly get up to speed with their responsibilities, assist the Senior Associate in the handover process, and ensure a smooth transition in teams from year to year.
- Assist the Senior Associate in the handover process to the incoming student Associates from the business school.
- Maintain and update the opportunities pipeline of the Oxford Seed Fund for the duration of the fellowship and successfully hand over to the Student Associates.
- Contribute to the implementation of the Oxford Seed Fund’s communications strategy, including planning and scheduling content distribution, and representation at alumni events.
- Work with colleagues in the Entrepreneurship Centre to identify opportunities within the portfolio for media stories and/or communications content.
- Assist with the production of promotional materials for communications activities, including coordinating with designers, suppliers, etc., as necessary.
- Responsible for maintaining mailing lists and/or contact databases.
- Assist in the evaluation of communications activities.
- Assist with the organisation of events.
- Act as a point of contact for the team by handling phone, email, and written enquiries, knowing when to escalate enquiries to another member of the team.
- Degree educated
- Past member of the Oxford Seed Fund or similar VC programme
- Experience of networking within Higher Education
- Experience of working with investment pipelines
- Experience of maintaining portfolio relationships
- Experience of organizing and executing events
- Experience in mentoring or coaching peers
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience for this role, we would like to hear from you.
What We Offer
Your happiness and wellbeing at work matters to us, so we offer a range of family friendly and financial benefits including:
• Flexible hybrid working
• An excellent contributory pension scheme
• 38 days annual leave
• A comprehensive range of childcare services
• Family leave schemes
• Cycle loan scheme
• Membership to a variety of social and sports clubs
• Discounted bus travel and Season Ticket travel loans
• Use of the student discount card Totum
All applications must include a CV, Cover Letter/ Supporting Statement.
The closing date for applications is 13 September 2023 at 12 noon. We reserve the right to close the application window early.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.