Your role at a glance
Execute a programme of Data Analytics (DA) work under the direction of various Senior Audit Managers. Ensure that the analytical objectives of each audit are achieved and that audit work complies with GIA’s ( Group Internal Audit) audit methodology and quality standards, so that GIA fulfils its primary role of supporting the Group Audit Committee and Executive Management in the protection of the assets, reputation and sustainability of Legal & General. This role primarily works across the LGI (UK) and LGRR portfolios reporting to the Head of Audit LGI (UK) and Retail Retirement, whilst also supporting the Institutional Retirement and Group Functions/ Group Finance and portfolios.
What you’ll be doing
- You will conduct Data Analytics in support of internal audit work on a variety of audit assignments as determined by the annual Audit Plan.
- You will support the Head of Data in Developing the Analytics Resource Plans to support the delivery of the annual Audit Plan
- You will produce high quality audit work that is delivered on time and complies with GIA methodology and quality standards.
- You will execute analysis efficiently and escalate issues of concern early to the Senior Audit Manager/ Head of Audit such that any re-planning can be achieved without significant disruption to the objectives/timeliness of the audit.
- You will identify opportunities for the automation of testing of key controls and work with the DA Team to productionise dashboards to track control performance.
- You will communicate clearly and effectively with colleagues so that analytics delivers real insight. This includes, written, verbal, data visualisations and infographics.
- You will maintain good working relationships with all audit stakeholders.
- You will operate as part of an effective team and contribute proactively to the efficient performance of GIA through engagement in team administration and development of the function, including developing the audit methodology to include new analytics capabilities.
- You will take responsibility for developing your own professional knowledge, skills and subject matter expertise to support capabilities expected of a leading audit function.
- You will ensure that the principles of treating customers fairly (TCF) are embedded into management practices, so that identified risks recognise relevant TCF outcomes, and business processes and internal controls are structured and performed in a way that effectively delivers the required TCF outcomes.
- Professional auditing, accounting or actuarial qualification (CIIA, ACA, ACCA,) or equivalent business experience desirable.
- Degree education desirable
- Use of data analysis tools including visualisation, data blending and some knowledge of coding. Process mining is desirable but not essential.
- Internal Audit Standards, Financial Services Code and broader principles and practices.
- Internal audit methodology
- Risk management principles and practices in Financial Services sector
- Corporate Governance practices and frameworks.
- Subject matter expertise to support business areas of audit delivery desirable, primarily life and pensions, retail and institutional business – areas of knowledge may for example include investment management, capital and asset management
- Valuable experience includes delivery of insightful analytics in an internal audit or risk environment and/or external audit and/ or experience of working within a data-centric business function.
If you’d like to be considered for this role, please submit your application through our careers website as we’re not accepting email applications.
The brand with the brolly is choosing today to change tomorrow.
Since 1836, we’ve grown to become one of the world’s largest asset managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurance brands.
We’re all here to improve the lives of our customers, build a better society for the long term, and create value for our shareholders – helping to shape a better future for society and the planet.
We need people who share our ambitions, agility and entrepreneurial spirit to help us do it.
At L&G, you’ll find a balance that helps you be your best. Empowered by hybrid working, we’re supported by technology and workplaces that enable us to work effectively wherever we are. We come together in offices to collaborate and connect, and use time at home for individual, focused activities. And, when we achieve great things, we celebrate our success and reward strong performance.
Today, there’s over 10,000 of us, working towards our mission, with plenty of opportunities to grow your career as we grow L&G. Will you join us?
Great minds don’t have to think alike, so we welcome voices from all backgrounds. Bringing together people with different life experiences helps us build empathy with our customers and drive innovation.
We don’t just talk about it, we actively promote diversity and equitable opportunities for all. That means our employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status. In fact, we embrace every dimension of diversity to reflect the customers and communities we serve.
We think it’s important to create an inclusive environment where we can all belong, contribute and drive progress, where you can develop and grow, and be empowered. We want you to use your voice to help us build a better tomorrow.
We all work differently, and have different needs, which is why. we’re always open to discussing flexible working arrangements. Likewise, we’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with specific needs during our recruiting process.
So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we’d love to hear from you.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.