University of Derby
Buxton & Leek College
Buxton & Leek College (Buxton/Leek Campus)
£11,064 per annum for the first 12 months. After, there is an increase in line with the Government apprenticeship pay rate.
Thursday 28 September 2023
Fixed term contract 18 months
About the role
Buxton & Leek College are continually building services to our Special Educational Needs provision and are now seeking a Business Administrative Assistant Apprentice. You will support the day-to-day operational demands that come with the delivery of a high-quality High needs service to all clients and stakeholders. The post holder will support the high needs team and play a key role in the storage and retrieval of information, communication, and monitoring as well as the booking annual transition meetings.
For more information on being an apprentice please visit the Government website – https://www.gov.uk/become-apprentice
- GCSE Math’s and English at grade C/4 or willingness to undertake as part of the apprenticeship.
- Experience of organising events/activities.
- Experience of note taking and creating actions with agreed timescales.
- Experience of working as part of a team and dealing with customers.
Skills, knowledge & abilities
- Confident in a team environment and able to engage others.
- Good communication skills.
- Confident in developing internal and external professional relationships.
- Able to articulate and produce written communications that are well structured.
- Extremely organised and with excellent time management.
- Have a methodical work approach/eye for detail and the ability to set high standards for self and others.
- Confident in the use of MS Office and all associated database/software functions.
- Willingness to work flexibly and be responsive to business needs and customer expectations.
- Willingness to positively respond to change and learn new challenges.
- Ability to undertake occasional late/evening/weekend work at busy times.
- Completed DBS check with child barred list.
- IT qualification.
- Experience in customer service.
Skills, knowledge and abilities
- Ability to think problems through into positive solutions.
As well as competitive pay scales, we offer generous holiday entitlement. We also offer opportunities for further salary progression based on performance, and the opportunity to join a contributory pension scheme.
Find out more about pay and benefitsFind out more about pay and benefits
How to apply
You can apply by submitting an online application. Once you have signed in or registered with us you will be able to begin your application. If you are creating an account for the first time, please ensure you provide an email address that you access regularly as this will be our main means of contacting you regarding your application.
- Apply online Apply online
- Continue application Continue application
- Advice on completing your applicationAdvice on completing your application
If you require any assistance, including the provision of any documentation in an alternative format, please contact the Recruitment team at [email protected] .
Please note all applications must be submitted online by Midnight GMT on the closing date of the vacancy.
Please note that unfortunately, this role will not attract sufficient points to obtain a sponsored Skilled Worker visa under the UK Visas & Immigration points based immigration system; however, applications are welcome from candidates who do not currently have the right to work in the UK, but who would be eligible to obtain a valid visa via another route..
Please consult the Home office website for further information.
Buxton and Leek College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. This post is subject is subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. An enhanced DBS check will be required, depending on the nature of the role. Any information you provide will be treated in confidence and only used when considering your suitability for the post.
To enable us to process your DBS check please ensure you are able to supply the documentation listed on the DBS website at interview stage.
Equality, diversity, inclusion and wellbeing
The University of Derby is committed to promoting equality, diversity and inclusion. However you identify, we actively celebrate the knowledge, experience and talents each person brings.
A university that celebrates youA university that celebrates you
Download Business Administrative Assistant Apprentice job descriptionDownload Business Administrative Assistant Apprentice job description
Why join Derby?
Challenging, interesting and constantly changing, the University of Derby is an extraordinary place to learn and an incredibly rewarding place to work.
Find out more about working at the UniversityFind out more about working at the University
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect everyone who works for us to also share this commitment and to treat people with courtesy and respect.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.