University of Nottingham
View All Vacancies
Catering Division (NH)
Location: University Park
£22,162 to £22,522
per annum pro-rata £11.76-11.95 per hour. Posts will initially be offered at the minimum salary point with progression to the higher salary point achieved. Salary progression beyond this scale is subject to performance.
Closing Date: Thursday 28 September 2023
To be confirmed
The University of Nottingham has been providing an outstanding student experience for over 140 years and is a leading university of worldwide significance with established campuses in UK, China and Malaysia.
Your role as a Catering Assistant (Sandwich Artist):
You are the face of a global brand. Your smile and warm, friendly greeting starts every guest’s experience. This winning attitude and ability to make delicious sandwiches quickly and efficiently will make you a key member of the team. You are the reason why customers keep coming back.
Working within a busy Subway store on University Park, main duties for this role will include the preparation and service of a wide range of speciality food and drink items, understanding and adhering to all quality standards, formulas and procedures, clearing tables, using the till and general cleaning within the unit; providing excellent customer service at all times. Experience of working in a similar customer facing environment is essential for this role. Sandwich Artist® experience is desirable.
Hours of Work
- Post 1: Hours of work are part time (14 per week) worked 2 days out of 7 to be arranged worked mainly Saturday and Sunday working a range of shifts between 7.00am and 10.00pm for 39 weeks of the year. Flexibility will be required.
What’s in it for you?
- Excellent holiday allowance of 26 days (pro-rata, on average 14 days), plus university closure days and bank holidays.
- Ongoing support to develop your skills and gain industry recognised qualifications.
- Personal and Career development support and opportunities for career progression.
- Employee Assistance Programme/Counselling Service- 24/7 support.
- Supplier discounts, travel, and reward schemes.
- Staff Networks, wellbeing events and state of the art fitness facilities.
- Permanent post plus the tools you need to do a great job.
- Uniform provided.
Our University is a supportive, inclusive, caring and positive community. We warmly welcome those of different cultures, ethnicities and beliefs – indeed this very diversity is vital to our success, it is fundamental to our values and enriches life on campus. We welcome applications from UK, Europe and from across the globe. For more information on the support we offer our international colleagues, see our Moving to Nottingham pages.
This position does not fulfil the UK Visas & Immigration sponsorship criteria for Skilled Worker, therefore we can only accept applications from candidates who already have the right to work in UK.
See all our vacancies below:
Informal enquiries may be addressed to Loizos Kalopsidiotis, email [email protected]. Please note that applications sent directly to this email address will not be accepted.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.