RedR UK coordinates projects and programmes across Africa, the Middle East, Asia, Eastern Europe and Latin America. We facilitate online training modules on a variety of topics, from climate change adaptation to safety and security. These modules are interactive, participative, and facilitated by a dedicated expert trainer.
Alongside our programme staff, in this role you will provide co-hosting support to the trainer before, during, and after live online modules. As you will have the opportunity to engage with a wide variety of training, this role is ideal if you’re keen to work in the humanitarian sector.
The co-hosting support entails the following specific tasks:
- Managing communications with training participants before, during and after the training.
- Coordinating with trainers and interpreters.
- Updating the RedR UK database (Salesforce).
- Offering support to trainers during the Zoom sessions (including, but not limited to):
- Setting up language interpretation and breakout rooms.
- Launching polls
- Sharing documents, instructions and links in the chatbox, etc;
- Sharing the screen with presentations or videos, if needed;
- Admitting participants and offer technical support, if needed, as well as any other task the trainer may require.
We will provide detailed guidance and the opportunity to shadow another co-host before starting.
Your essential skills:
- Administration – Systematic and efficient administrative and time management skills.
- Use of technology – Computer literate and competent on Zoom.
- Team player – Experience working in a team environment and building relationships with others.
- Communication – Good interpersonal skills and self-awareness, able to communicate cross-culturally clearly and effectively.
- Language – Fluent in English language (oral & written).
- Initiative and enthusiasm – with a problem-solving approach to new challenges.
Your desirable skills:
- Interest in the humanitarian sector and/or learning and development
- Event management – Experience supporting a learning programme or organising learning events with consultants.
- Language – Fluency in at least one language other than English (oral & written). Current programmes include training in Spanish, French, Arabic, Turkish, Kurdish, and Ukrainian.
Find out more about the role here: Co-Host Role Information
Co-Host hours will be depended on the training session schedule, and co-hosts are free to support as many sessions as they wish, in agreement with the line manager. The agreement will be valid until August 2023.
A co-hosts monthly fee/reward is based on the number of training sessions co-hosted. Payment is to be transferred upon the invoice from the volunteer.
Training will be paid on the following rate:
Set up, co-host and close of a 1-hour training: £15
Set up, co-host and close of a 2-hour training: £25
Set up, co-host and close of a 3-hour training: £35