We are looking for a Marketing Manager to join our team to lead the planning and delivery of
the RSPB’s commercial marketing activity. Reporting into the Head of Marketing, this new role
will focus on supporting our Commercial function including Visitor Experience, eCommerce and
Whether it is leading national campaigns to drive footfall to our key visitor sites, working
with our visitor experience consultants to promote events on reserves, driving sales through
our online shop or maximising the value of our licensed products, your expertise will help
drive both income and engagement for the RSPB.
If you are working in a commercial marketing role and want to apply your skills to help save
nature, we’d love to hear from you.
Key activities will include:
- Developing the annual marketing strategy for Visitor Operations (including destination and
reserves marketing for visitor experience and events, retail, food & beverage), Trade and
Licensing to achieve financial and engagement outcomes.
- Developing an annual plan for commercial marketing, promotions and campaigns across the
- Leading the delivery of commercial marketing activity ensuring that this is aligned and
embedded within the overall RSPB communications and marketing plan.
- Identifying innovation and testing opportunities to expand and improve commercial marketing
campaigns that maximise return on investment.
- Providing reporting, analytics and insight on marketing performance to key stakeholders to
inform decision making at both strategic and tactical levels.
- Responsible for setting and managing an annual budget for commercial marketing to ensure
income objectives are achieved.
Essential skills, knowledge and experience:
- Experience of developing and delivering a marketing strategy and/or plan
- Experience of applying marketing principles and best practice into delivery
- Experience of working within a Visitor Experience, Trade or retail/eCommerce marketing role
- Ability to translate a corporate strategy and/or overarching marketing strategy into
operational plans to deliver impact
- Experience of developing collaborative external and internal relationships with key
stakeholders to secure positive outcomes for the RSPB and for nature.
- Excellent written and verbal skills to present, influence and represent the directorate and
- Experience of managing a budget to meet income targets and deliver strong ROI.
This is is a permanent, full-time role for 37.5 hours per week. Part-time working will be
considered for the right candidate for a minimum of 30 hours per week. For further information
please contact Hannah Ranson, Head of Brand & Marketing ([email protected]).
As part of this application process you will be asked to provide a copy of your CV and complete
an application form including evidence on how you meet the skills, knowledge, and experience
We are committed to developing an inclusive and diverse RSPB, in which everyone feels
supported, valued, and able to be their full selves. To achieve our vision of creating a world
richer in nature, we need more people, and more diverse people, on nature’s side. People of
colour and disabled people are currently underrepresented across the environment, climate,
sustainability, and conservation sector. If you identify as a person of colour and/or disabled,
we are particularly interested in receiving your application. Contact us to discuss any
additional support you may need to complete your application.
The RSPB is an equal opportunities employer. This role is covered by the Rehabilitation of
Offenders Act 1974.
Before applying for this role, we recommend reading through the candidate guidance notes.
Find out more & apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.