Imperial College London
This is an opportunity to join a fantastic communications team at Imperial College London’s Faculty of Medicine. This Communications and Engagement Coordinator role would suit an enthusiastic generalist looking to work across a wide range of communications and engagement activities.
In this role, you will be supporting an established, agile team working across internal communications and engagement; digital and social media; external and stakeholder communications. You’ll proudly ensure that integrity, equality, diversity, and inclusion are foundational to all that we do.
You will be a key member of the wider Faculty of Medicine Centre office, supporting the mission and strategies of the Faculty to build and maintain the College’s brand, image and reputation. You will champion the effective use of communications and engagement to support the delivery of key operational activities of the Faculty of Medicine.
Our team works closely with colleagues and teams across Imperial College London and its partners, so you’ll understand the importance of building and maintaining a wide range of professional relationships.
Duties and responsibilities
- You’ll support a programme of internal communications and engagement to keep our thousands of Faculty of Medicine colleagues informed and inspired. This will include working on the production of regular newsletters and ad-hoc communications, as well as online and in-person engagement sessions with our senior leadership team.
- You will work closely with our Digital Communications Officer to support the day-to-day management of our social media channels, ensuring appropriate content is consistently shared and scheduled, and enquiries responded to in a timely manner.
- You will support and coordinate the planning and evaluation of communications and engagement activities.
- You’ll also work with colleagues in the Faculty of Medicine and Alumni Relations to support the delivery of tailored alumni communications.
- You’ll have the opportunity to use and develop your writing and editorial skills across news, features, and blog posts; as well as explore the use of imagery, video, and audio, where appropriate.
- You’ll ensure consistency of tone of voice, brand, and style across our communications, always acting as a champion for Imperial and the Faculty of Medicine.
- Experience of working in a communications team or supporting a communications function in a professional setting.
- Be a confident communicator with outstanding organisational skills.
- Ability to tailor communications and engagement to meet the needs of different audience and stakeholder groups.
- Work collaboratively and flexibly as part of a tightknit team within a large, complex organisation.
- Proven knowledge of a wide range of digital platforms and systems.
This is a full-time, open-ended role and will be based in South Kensington Campus.
Should you require any further details on the role please contact: Al McCartney, Communications Manager, at [email protected]
The College is currently trialling a Work Location Framework until early 2023. Hybrid working may be considered for this role and the role holder may be expected to work 60% or more of their time onsite, with 40% the minimum time spent onsite. The opportunity for hybrid working will be discussed at interview.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.