Renewable Energy Consumer Code (part of Renewable Energy Assurance Ltd)
We are looking for a motivated Compliance Monitoring and Enforcement Officer to join the Renewable Energy Consumer Code (RECC) Compliance Team, reporting to the Head of Compliance. RECC is part of the Consumer Codes team at Renewable Energy Assurance Ltd (REAL). If you have an understanding of legal processes with good attention to detail, then please do get in touch.
This is an excellent opportunity to work with a proactive Compliance Team led by experienced
management. You will have the chance to learn on the job and to take your own initiative and
shape the Consumer Codes’ growth and development of future compliance monitoring activities.
The key responsibilities of the role include contributing to delivering the RECC Monitoring Strategy by:
- gathering intelligence from a range of different sources
- being responsible for the monitoring survey and consumer satisfaction feedback
- carrying out compliance checks
- assisting with the audit process
- investigating irregularities and non-compliance issues with Code members
- advising on actions required to resolve non-compliances in a timely manner
- communicating with Code members by telephone and email
- building relationships with regulatory authorities and other stakeholders.
Essential requirements for the role include:
- education to degree or equivalent level
- at least two years’ experience with compliance and enforcement processes
- ability to attend closely to detail, to gather intelligence and evidence and research root
causes of compliance issues
- strong writing skills
- ability to motivate yourself, while working as part of a team and in a collaborative
- excellent time management skills and ability to meet tight deadlines;
- good knowledge of MS Office.
Desirable requirements for the role include:
- understanding of and commitment to renewable energy technologies
- familiarity with consumer protection legislation and regulations
- understanding of Data Protection Regulations and information sharing processes
Employee benefits include:
- 25 days annual leave
- Company pension scheme
- Access to cycle to work and annual travelcard scheme
- Health insurance covering dental and optician costs
To apply, please send a CV and a covering letter (maximum 1 side of A4) to Dipesh Vaghela, Head
of Compliance, at [email protected] . The closing date
for applications is Friday, 17 November. We may close this vacancy early if we receive
sufficient applications for this role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your CV
and a covering letter as early as possible
Renewable Energy Assurance Ltd (REAL) carries out a range of certification and consumer
protection activities all of which promote renewable energy and the circular economy. Renewable
Energy Assurance Ltd’s activities fall under three headings: consumer codes, certification
schemes and registration schemes.
Renewable Energy Consumer Code (RECC) is one of the codes administered by REAL. It is the
largest Consumer Code by market share within the small-scale renewable energy generating
sector. RECC sets out high consumer protection standards for businesses who are selling or
leasing renewable energy generation systems to domestic consumers. RECC is approved by
Chartered Trading Standards Institute as part of the Consumer Codes Approval Scheme and is also
a TrustMark Scheme Operator.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.