Working at Oxfam
Employment Term: Fixed Term (Until 31 May 2024)
Level: National, C2
Location: Yangon, Myanmar (with frequent visit to Sittwe, Rakhine State)
Closing Date: 31st May 2023
Oxfam is looking for Consortium Finance Manager.
The Consortium finance manager is a full-time position based in Yangon for financial management and oversight of programme and consortium, to assess reports, monitor expenditure and ensure donor regulations, overall financial management, compliance and guidance for consortium and capacity strengthening of consortium. This position will be part of the team implementing a long running Humanitarian programme providing high quality WASH services to IDPs living in displacement camps in Sittwe, Rakhine State.
The position reports to Oxfam Senior Finance Manager. The Consortium Finance Manager will work closely with both Oxfam and SI, to ensure effective financial management of the project.
- Collect financial information from Oxfam and SI and produce in timely and accurate management/financial accounts and reports monthly to Consortium Manager and respective Programme Managers and quarterly, and annually to donor.
- Continuously oversee income and expenditures of contracts and report to relevant Programme Managers in a timely manner.
- Review monthly budget utilization and suggest improvement to relevant staff from Oxfam and SI.
- Develop budget for new opportunity and/or revise budget based on the project requirements.
- Ensure managers have up to date financial information, that budget accuracy is verified.
- Ensure that all financial reporting requirements are being adhered to and met in an efficient and effective manner.
- Check and verify for all programme related expenses (staff, travel, meeting, etc.) as per guideline and donor compliances.
- Provide necessary analysis and highlight financial status to the Consortium Manager
- Support the Consortium Manager in detailed expenditure budgets on a timely basis and ensure that they are in consistent with the information and formats provided by donor.
- Support and guide the whole programme team in financial matters.
- As per contract, raise funds request to donors and inform donors for funding receipts.
- Responsible for all financial and compliance related matters with the assistance from Consortium Manager and responsible staff from partner organizations.
- Carry out trainings and briefing of all project staff in agreed procedures including back donor policy and procedures, conduct practical exercises in accounts preparation.
- Financial management of any other projects contributing to the overall Oxfam Actions in Myanmar as required by line manager
- Build the capacity of all financial staff in consortium program.
- Establish communication links and work closely with relevant finance staff from partner organizations.
- Conduct frequent field visits to connect with finance staff from partner organizations and to monitor their financial management.
- Lead the audit process for the project and coordinate with relevant finance staff from partner organizations.
What we are looking for:
- B.COM / ACCA or master’s degree holder with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in Financial Management position
- Relevant experience within a non-profit / Consortium Projects / Funded organization will be asset
- Fluent written and spoken English.
- Proven knowledge of computerized systems and demonstrable experience of working with computerized accounting packages and spreadsheets.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to produce quality financial management information and recommend suitable courses of action.
- Ability to monitor donor contracts and produce requisite high quality and timely reports.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize effectively to achieve results.
- Sympathy with the aims and objectives of Oxfam and commitment to Oxfam’s equal opportunity and gender policies
Oxfam aims to recruit and retain diverse, passionate people who have the necessary skills, knowledge and commitment to meet our vision. We offer a competitive salary and a range of additional benefits to staff including flexible working options, generous pension scheme, annual leave, additional leave allowances, company sick pay, life assurance and a range of other benefits.
Find out more about our pay & benefits, please click here
We believe flexible working is key to building the Oxfam of the future, so we’re open to talking through the type of flexible arrangements which might work for you.
How to apply:
As part of your online application, please upload your up to date CV and Cover Letter explaining your suitability against the essential criteria in the job profile.
Apply For This Role
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.