Working at Oxfam
Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty.
Do you have experience of conduct external evaluations, with a focus on gathering and presenting evidence?
Do you understand Oxfam’s ‘Safe Programming Approach’ which seeks to understand how INGOs can cause harm, and mitigate this?
Do you have experience in working on humanitarian responses and/or long term development in a range of different contexts?
If the answer is yes, then we would like to hear from you.
Oxfam is looking for a consultant to carry out an evaluation on its Safe Programming Approach, with the specific aim of generating learning and recommendations to inform future strategy and planning.
What we are looking for:
An ideal candidate for the role will also be / have:
Is committed to Oxfam’s values of practicing safe, feminist and anti-racist methodologies and
- Has knowledge and experience of safe programming, as well as related technical thematics,
for example: Safeguarding, data protection, conflict sensitivity and environmental harm
- Has experience of conducting consultative and participatory learning evaluations, that
centres principles outlined above.
- Has experience in report writing and webinar facilitation.
- Has significant county level experience working on humanitarian responses and long-term
development, in a range of different contexts
- English is essential and knowledge of another language (French, Spanish or Arabic) is highly desirable.
- Experience of Oxfam (desirable)
The assignment is expected to start in the first week of June 2023 and finish 1st of August. In this period, the consultant is expected to work for 30 days.
Please download the Term of Reference below this vacancy page.
How to apply:
Please upload following documents:
- Written expression of interest. This should outline relevant skills and experience. Maximum 800 words.
- Financial proposal
Apply For This Role
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.