Working at Oxfam
Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty.
Oxfam GB- Iraq Program is looking for a consultant who will conduct trainings to increase the capacity of the participants to be able to:
- Assess the feasibility of installing solar water pumping system.
- Able to differentiate between various type of solar powered systems and when to use these various types.
- Assess the main steps of project design and implement of a solar water pumping.
- Assess and analysis (SWOT) existing solar water pumping systems
- Become familiar with risk in implementation and mitigation
- Become familiar with solar water pumping design software.
- Become familiar with specifications to support solar powered water pumping tender processes.
- Understand operation and maintenance needs for solar water pumping.
- Develop sustainability plans for completed solar powered water projected.
The consultant’s scope of work will include, but not be limited to:
- Conduct a needs assessment to understand the specific requirements and knowledge gaps of the target audience.
- Conduct a market assessment to understand the available raw materials, brands, specification, … etc.
- Develop a comprehensive training curriculum tailored to the needs of local water authorities in Iraq.
- Prepare and conduct pre and post training tests and report (and share the test and answers with WASH Coordinator in advance before conducting the training).
- Deliver hands-on training sessions covering solar water pumping system (design, installation, operation, maintenance, and safety awareness)
- Provide practical demonstrations and exercises to ensure participants gain practical skills.
- Develop training materials, including manuals, presentations, and other relevant resources.
- Deliver training
- Assess the learning outcomes and provide recommendations for follow-up support.
- Prepare a final training report summarizing the training program, including analysis for the pre-post-tests as well as recommendations for further actions within 5 working days after completion of each training session.
What we are looking for:
We’re looking for a candidate who cares about Oxfam’s mission to end poverty and is personally aligned to our feminist principles and values of empowerment, accountability and inclusion in all you do.
An ideal candidate for the role will also be / have:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, water resources, or a related field.5+ years of experience in solar water pumping design, installation, and operation.
- Experience in training and technical support and Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Fluency in English is required. Fluency in Arabic is preferable
We offer a competitive salary and a range of additional benefits to staff including flexible working options, generous pension scheme, annual leave, additional leave allowances, company sick pay, life assurance and a range of other benefits.
From the day you join Oxfam we invite you to stretch and learn in your role. Our wide range of Learning & Development opportunities includes in-house courses, e-learning modules, on-the job learning opportunities, coaching and mentoring, and much more.
You can read more about all Oxfam has to offer here.
We believe flexible working is key to building the Oxfam of the future, so we’re open to talking through the type of flexible arrangements which might work for you.
How to apply:
Interested consultants are invited to submit their applications, including a cover letter, CV, proposed training curriculum outline, and budget proposal, to [[email protected]] and putting the following text in the subject(SOLAR WATER PUMPING SYSTEM TRAINING) by [as per the advertisement conditions].
Apply For This Role
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.