The Land Trust
Countryside & Greenspace Officer (South & West)
Permanent, Full Time 36 hours p/w, Home based.
Salary £26,500 – £31,500 depending on experience.
- 25 days holiday per year (Increasing with service), plus bank holidays.
- A defined contributions pension plan with the Trust matching up to 6%.
- Business travel costs reimbursed.
- Benefits include Flexi time, Employee Assistance Programme and a Healthcare Cash Plan and
The Land Trust is seeking an experienced Countryside & Greenspace Officer for the
management and enhancement of a portfolio of sites with a diverse range of biodiverse habitats
including country parks, nature reserves, SINC’s, SANGs and community greenspaces. The
portfolio area extends from Basingstoke to Exeter with a Country Park focus at Salisbury and
frequent travel within the area and to other Land Trust locations as required.
As a skilled Countryside and Greenspace Officer, you will share our commitment to improving the
quality of people’s lives by creating and managing sustainable, high quality green spaces that
deliver environmental, social and economic benefits.
In addition, you will have the opportunity to play a key role in delivering the Trust’s
ambitious national targets for ecosystem services, such as Biodiversity Net Gain. Along with
project managing small-scale capital and enhancement works and assisting with designing and
acquiring new sites.
This exciting post will involve you working closely with our local Managing Partners,
Stakeholders and Communities to maximise delivery of our charitable aims.
You will have:
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in managing parks, woodlands, nature reserves and other
open spaces for public benefit
- Expertise in liaising with stakeholders, communities, and clients
- Experience of working with a range of stakeholders and partners in the management of sites
including public, private and voluntary sector organisations
- Confidence to manage competing priorities from a large number of sites using own initiative
- Experience of setting up and running site management contracts
- High level of tact, diplomacy and confidentiality
- IT literate with proven skills in using MS Office packages
Other relevant information:
- The post is home based, with frequent travel to other Land Trust offices and sites
- Incudes working outside with some evening, weekend and bank holiday working
- You will be required to travel by car and public transport as necessary to fulfil the role
effectively. Note- some sites are remote and not accessible by public transport
- You will need to have a current valid driving licence
- The role may require a DBS check
For more information and the full job description, please visit: Current Vacancies – The Land Trust
Applicants should send a CV and covering letter to: [email protected]
Closing date for applications is 9:00am Monday 9th October 2023.
Interviews will take place in Salisbury on Monday 16th October 2023.
Find out more & apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.