North York Moors National Park Authority
We are now looking for a Countryside Ranger Apprentice to join us on a full-time basis at our
Danby Lodge National Park Centre.
– National minimum wage for your age up to £18,327 per annum
– Vehicle provided for work use
– Up to 30 days’ annual leave, plus eight public holidays
– Excellent training and development opportunities
If you are keen on a career working within the environmental sector, this is the unmissable
stepping-stone you have been waiting for!
Not only is it a chance to get the kind of real experience and genuine support that can help
you choose exactly where you want to go next, but you will also be receiving the training to
build a core set of skills that will make you attractive to any future employers.
As a Countryside Ranger Apprentice, you will help to deliver a programme of prioritised
maintenance on public rights of way and properties in the National Park.
You will organise and plan tasks, while developing your confidence and practical skills.
Additionally, you will:
- Quantify and ensure the availability of materials, equipment, and other resources
- Lead and supervise volunteers and Level 2 apprentices on practical work tasks
- Ensure compliance with our health and safety policies and practices
To be considered as a Countryside Ranger Apprentice, you will need:
- Distinction in a related Level 2 Apprenticeship or equivalent
Some experience carrying out a range of practical land management tasks, including fencing,
walling, installing gates, stiles, tree planting etc.,
- Good people skills as you will be working with a range of people and meeting the general
public while out on site
Certified competence in the use of powered tools and equipment would be helpful but not
- A full, valid driving licence
Hours of work are 8.30am to 4.30pm, Monday to Friday.
Other organisations may call this role Trainee Ranger, Land Ranger Apprentice, Park Ranger
Apprentice, or Community Ranger Apprentice.
Webrecruit and North York Moors National Park Authority are equal opportunities employers,
value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all
employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to
conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our
work will be.
So, if you are ready to kickstart your career as a Countryside Ranger Apprentice, please apply
via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised
by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Find out more & apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.