University of Leeds
View All Vacancies
To apply for this role, you must be a current employee working at the University of Leeds.
Salary: Grade 7 (£36,333 – £43,155) p.a. depending on experience)
This role will be based on the university campus, with scope for it to be undertaken in a hybrid manner. We are also open to discussing flexible working arrangements.
Do you want to play a key role in supporting the success of students, promoting inclusive learning and breaking down barriers to success, particularly for students from underrepresented groups?
The University of Leeds is one of the top 135 universities in the world. We have a truly global community, with more than 39,000 students from 170 different countries and over 9,000 staff of 100 different nationalities. Established in 1904, we have a strong tradition of academic excellence, reflected in first-class student education, along with world-leading research that has a real impact around the globe.
We are looking for a motivated and experienced project manager to lead projects designed to improve the success of students across the institution, focusing on non- continuation rates, degree attainment and progression to graduate destinations. The role will work closely with faculties, schools and services across the University of Leeds to understand existing student success interventions, practice and processes, enabling the development of further and effective support to help create an environment where all students have the greatest chance of succeeding in their studies and beyond.
The role will require strong project management skills, collaborative working across the institution and an understanding of complex processes. You will be required to develop and implement institutional-wide projects to increase engagement and raise attainment amongst target groups. You will also need a sound understanding of evaluation in order to advise and support the development of a robust collection of evidence-informed student success activities.
What we offer in return
• 26 days holiday plus 16 Bank Holidays/days that the University is closed by custom (including Christmas) – that’s 42 days a year!
• Generous pension scheme – the University contributes 21.6% of salary
• Health and Wellbeing: Discounted staff membership options at The Edge, our state-of-the-art Campus gym, with a pool, sauna, climbing wall, cycle circuit, and sports halls.
• Personal Development: Access to courses run by our Organisational Development & Professional Learning team, and self-development courses including languages, Creative Writing, Wellbeing Therapies and much more.
• Access to on-site childcare, shopping discounts and travel schemes are also available.
And much more!
To explore the post further or for any queries you may have, please contact:
Sarah Richardson, Educational Engagement Manager
Email: [email protected]
Location: Leeds – Main Campus
Faculty/Service: Professional Services
School/Institute: Educational Engagement
Category: Professional & Managerial
£36,333 to £43,155
per annum pro-rata
Working Time: 0.5 fte
Contract Type: Fixed Term (until 31st July 2024)
Release Date: Friday 10 March 2023
Closing Date: Sunday 02 April 2023
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.