View All Vacancies
Data and Business Intelligence
£31,502 to £36,333
Per Annum- Full time Permanent
Thursday 16 March 2023
Wednesday 12 April 2023
Who is Staffordshire University?
We are the Connected University with 100 years of experience and ambition in becoming the UK’s foremost digital Institution. Our main campus is located in Stoke on Trent alongside our Centres of Excellence in Healthcare Education located in Stafford and Shrewsbury. Staffordshire University London’s Digital Institute is our first campus outside the Midlands.
With more than 10,000 Full Time Undergraduate and Postgraduate students on campus, we continue to drive innovation and change, aiming to positively disrupt our sector. For our University, it is about so much more than the numbers. In fact, if there’s one thing that sets us apart, it’s our people who are all #ProudToBeStaffs. Every one of our employees goes above and beyond to deliver on our connected mission, responding to the needs of our students, academic partners, businesses and society.
Over the past 5 years, we have transformed ourselves into a Gold standard provider of teaching and learning, gaining historically high positions in the UK league tables. With digital skills being at our core, we strive for diversity in all its forms and play an important role in our local communities and regional economies.
About the role
About the Role We are seeking experienced Business Intelligence Analysts to work within our Data and Business Intelligence Department. It is an exciting time to join the university as we are currently embarking on a period of data transformation where we are looking at how we can leverage and identify opportunities for improvement through our existing data sets but also how we can start to use advanced technology to build predictive insights. The Business Intelligence Analysts will work as part of a team in supporting the BI Manager in preparing and developing business intelligence reports across several key performance metrics with the primary focus of data being on student engagement, outcomes and recruitment. The role holder will be required to support the further development, capability and capacity of the provision of timely and accurate data and will be expected to have input into the design of the University’s data warehouse and develop and maintain the Power BI platform.
Key Responsibilities of the BI Analyst (Reporting & Analysis):
- Collect, maintain and manage data within the University’s Business Intelligence system.
- Maintain the integrity of the Power BI platform.
- Preparing and developing business intelligence reports across several key performance metrics with the primary focus of data being on student engagement, outcomes and recruitment.
- Liaise with stakeholders to gain an understanding of requirements and manage expectations.
- Develop a good understanding of processes, associated tools and resources throughout the business.
- Further develop capability and capacity across the University in relation to the provision of timely and accurate data.
- Develop, review and maintain appropriate documentation.
- Provide information, guidance and coaching to support BI across the University to help create an insight led culture.
- To retain an up-to-date knowledge of higher education developments.
Skills & Experience:
- Educated to degree level or relevant professional qualification and/or have experience of delivering professional services in either higher education or business/industry in a similar or a data based role.
- Experience of Power BI (Data modelling, DAX and Visualisations) or equivalent BI reporting tools and MS Excel.
- Knowledge of data warehousing systems and techniques, including SQL, Integration services and Microsoft DB would be desirable.
- Experience of manipulating and interrogating large and complex datasets
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to present data/ information clearly and accurately.
- Knowledge of GDPR and Freedom of Information Act.
- Understanding of higher education is desirable.
In return for your dedication, we have a competitive benefits package available
- Competitive incremental rates of Pay
- 32 days Annual Leave plus 11 days Bank Holiday and Discretionary days
- Excellent Pension Scheme
- Access to continued professional and personal development
- An opportunity to become part of the wider University community
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme
- Discounted Health & Fitness Facilities on site at the Stoke Campus
- Discounted Travel by Rail or Bus, with the option of season tickets loans
We reserve the right to close any vacancies when we are in receipt of sufficient applications. All applicants are advised to complete and submit your applications as soon as possible.
Staffordshire University is committed to promoting and enabling a positive culture where staff, students and visitors are confident to be their authentic selves. We focus on inclusion as a way to ensure equality of opportunity for all our people and to demonstrate our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Human Rights.
We promote applications from all sections of the community, regardless of background, belief or identity, recognising the benefits a diverse organisation can bring for the University.
We particularly encourage applications from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) people, who are currently under-represented in the University workforce.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.