Oxford Brookes University
An exciting opportunity has arisen in the Student Investigation and Resolution Team. The team manages all academic appeals, student complaints, conduct cases and exceptional circumstances applications for the University. The Deputy Head will be involved in all casework, but will lead on the team’s response to non-academic conduct cases. The Deputy will also have responsibility for line management of caseworkers.
Candidates should have experience working within a regulatory framework and have a good understanding of issues in the Higher Education sector.
In the role of Deputy Head of Student Investigation and Resolution Team you will:
- Be a key figure in the Academic and Student Administration (ASA) Directorate, helping to shape policy, regulations and procedures that affect all students
- Line manage Student Investigation and Resolution Officers
- Take a lead for development and training for an established team dedicated to investigating and resolving student casework and enhancing the student experience
- Be the escalation point for complex cases and have responsibility for ombudsman casework
- Be the liaison point for complicated and sensitive matters, both with internal and external contacts, e.g. Thames Valley Police, Associate Deans for Student Experience, ASA Deputy Directors, HR, the Information Security Team.
Please see the job description and person specification for more information.
Interviews are expected to take place on 18th October 2023.
You will also enjoy the benefits of working at Oxford Brookes University with up to 38 days holiday, rising to 41 days holiday (this includes 13 Bank Holidays and Concessionary Days), a generous Local Government pension scheme (19.2% Employer contribution rate), cycle to work scheme and access to a variety of university facilities (Brookes Nursery, Gym and sports facilities). For more information about benefits please see the document ‘All about Brookes’ below.
CV and Personal Statement:
As part of the application process all applicants are required to complete our online application form by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button below. All parts of the application form should be completed and in the section of the form called “Supporting Documents”, applicants must upload their CV and a Personal Statement. To complete the Personal Statement part of the application, applicants must download the Personal Statement document which is part of the advert below and complete the form, providing examples and explaining how they meet each item detailed on the document. The Personal Statement must then be uploaded to the application form along with the CV.
At Oxford Brookes, inclusivity is one of our five guiding principles: we take positive steps to create an environment in which we celebrate, value and provide equal opportunity to all. We are committed to recruiting from the widest possible pool and welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates who embrace our values, regardless of their background.
As a Disability Confident Employer, we guarantee to interview any disabled applicant who meets the essential selection criteria.
To email the post of Deputy Head of Student Investigation and Resolution Team to a friend please copy and paste the link below:
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.