Oxford Brookes University
This is a 1 year fixed term contract, with the possibility of extension for a further year, depending on project funding. Full-time.
We are looking for a Deputy Product Owner to join the Student Information Systems (SIS) Product Team at Oxford Brookes University.
This is an exciting opportunity that involves interesting and rewarding work in collaboration with staff from across the University, supporting critical services and working to consistently deliver improvements to the systems that underpin the entire student lifecycle.
We are looking for a colleague who will be confident in working closely with staff from across the institution and with the vendor for our student information systems to deliver our ambitious project to improve the implementation of the CRM platform used to support our admissions processes.
Experience of working with a student records system and/or CRM platform within a Higher Education setting is essential.
You will be given information, support, and resources to familiarise yourself quickly with the requirements of the role and the current configuration of the solutions, but you will be expected to take your own initiative in identifying priorities and responding to competing demands.
Support will be available from colleagues within the SIS Product Team, and you will be encouraged and given freedom to identify and implement process improvements as we constantly strive to improve the implementation of our student information systems.
You will be:
▪ Supporting the Product Owner in supporting and developing the university student information system (SIS), which is based on the Banner and CRM recruit platforms from Ellucian, continuously developing it to meet staff and student needs.
▪ A key member of the CRMr Improvement Project Delivery Team to improve Banner CRM functionality, including adapting current business and technical processes and developing new ones, whilst ensuring the system is fully and clearly documented, and systems of change control are maintained.
▪ Tasked with becoming an expert in the SIS to you can advise and train users on its use.
▪ Using your strong skills in stakeholder engagement to define appropriate business requirements and translate them into outputs that meet the customer specifications.
Qualifications and Experience for the post:
▪ Experience in implementing and managing a student information system within a Higher Education setting
▪ Experience working in a cross-organisation team
▪ Proven communication skills, involving engagement with senior staff on a one to one and collective basis
▪ Proven capabilities in the use and application of high level IT skills, with particular emphasis on data interrogation and system integrations
▪ Demonstrable problem-solving skills relating to service delivery and process improvement
As one of the largest employers in Oxford we pride ourselves in the great experience we offer our staff. You’ll be joining a friendly, professional environment where every member of staff is recognised as important to the success of Oxford Brookes University. To find out more about the benefits of working for Oxford Brookes please visit: www.brookes.ac.uk/job-vacancies/working-at-brookes.
CV and Personal Statement :
As part of the application process all applicants are required to complete our online application form by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button below. All parts of the application form should be completed and in the section of the form called “Supporting Documents”, applicants must upload their CV and a Personal Statement. To complete the Personal Statement part of the application, applicants must download the Personal Statement document which is part of the advert below and complete the form, providing examples and explaining how they meet each item detailed on the document. The Personal Statement must then be uploaded to the application form along with the CV.
The University has adopted equality, diversity and inclusion as core values. We welcome applications from suitably qualified candidates whatever their background, and especially from BAME candidates who are under-represented in our workforce.
To email the role of Student Record System Dep Product Owner to a friend please copy and paste the link below:
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.