Birmingham City University
View All Vacancies
Education Development Service
Location: Curzon Building
£23,502 to £25,545
Post Type: Full Time
Release Date: 22 May 2023
23.59 hours BST on Monday 05 June 2023
Birmingham City University is a large and dynamic place to study right in the heart of the city. We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Digital Assessment Coordinator to join our growing Digital Assessment Centre team within the Education Development Service. The Education Development Service works across the institution to develop and embed innovative learning and teaching practices and provide academic support to students and professional development to academic staff.
About the Job:
The Digital Assessment Centre is integral to the University’s drive to develop effective and inclusive assessment practices, offering support and delivery of digital assessments both on and off campus. Part of a small friendly team of specialist staff, you will assist in the effective creation, coordination, delivery, and support of exams being taken at the University campuses and from home.
Reporting to the Digital Assessment Designer, and working effectively alongside colleagues in the team, the Digital Assessment Coordinator will be predominantly based on-campus and will:
- Coordinate Digital Assessment processes both physically and virtually.
- Support and resolve student queries and issues around the use of specialist exam software.
- Create and upload digital exams within specialist exam software and the University VLE (Moodle).
- Provide exam invigilation both in-person and online.
- Communicate and liaise with students and staff from across the University both individually and in groups.
Skills and Experience:
Educated to at least HND level or equivalent [in any subject], you will have:
- Strong IT skills with an interest and confidence in using new technology.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Confidence in talking to large and small groups.
- A strong teamworking ethos and the ability to build relationships with staff and students across the University.
- The ability to quickly absorb information and proactively seek solutions to problems.
- The ability to work calmly and independently under pressure.
- A supportive, positive and non-judgemental attitude.
We encourage applications from BCU 2022/3 graduates or recent Alumni as part of the Graduate ‘Grow Your Own’ programme. As part of this programme, you will receive additional support in the form of tailored learning to support your transition from student to working professional.
Please contact the Careers+ team for support with the application process to ensure the best chance of success. Email: caree[email protected] for more information and to arrange a consultation.
In return we offer a generous pension and annual leave provision. We also operate a hybrid working model that allows staff to combine on-site and remote working where appropriate, dependent on work duties. We also provide access to excellent facilities on campus, including supportive family friendly policies
At Birmingham City University we are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. All staff are expected to understand and enact the University’s commitment to ensuring equality, diversity and inclusion in our employment practice and in all that we do . This commitment is enshrined in our Core Values and is detailed in our Equality, Diversity and Inclusion in Employment Policy. The University values and celebrates the diversity of our staff and students; we welcome people from the many different backgrounds and life experiences that reflect the students and the citizens we serve. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and actively encourage unique contributions, in particular from under-represented groups in respect of age, disability, sex, gender or gender identity, ethnicity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation or transgender status
Birmingham City University (‘BCU’) is committed to protecting your personal data and being transparent about what we do with your personal data. One of the ways we do this is through our privacy notices. For further information please click here .
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.