Sightsavers is looking for an enthusiastic digital campaigner to support the delivery of our policy campaign and contribute to national and global policy change on disability rights.
Salary: circa £33,000 Location: UK – remote with possibility of occasional travel to Haywards Heath.
Contract: Maternity cover – Fixed Term Contract 12 months with possibility of extension.
Hours: Monday – Friday, 35 hours per week with some flexibility around hours worked. Job share proposals will be considered.
We are looking for an enthusiastic digital campaigner to support the delivery of our policy campaign and contribute to national and global policy change on disability rights. Given the global nature of our work, you will be contributing to the development and communication of the campaign via digital campaigning platforms to our supporters all over the world.
You will join at an exciting time; our campaigning, has helped achieve the publication of disability strategies by, the United Nations and the UK government, the milestone of gender equality on the UN disability committee and called on governments to make meaningful commitments at the Global Disability Summit
What you’ll be doing in this role:
- Leading digital campaigning functionality within Sightsavers.Support the day-to-day operation of digital campaigning platforms, website and emails.
- With support identify digital campaigning opportunities in collaboration with other organisations.
- Support the development of strategic campaigning tools, approaches, supporter journeys and materials.
- Recruit, manage and mobilise Sightsavers supporters, equipping them to engage constructively in campaign actions.
- Design, populate and manage email journeys including setting objectives, drafting copy, building emails, analysis and feedback.
- Write and deliver engaging digital campaign communication plans.
- You will also provide support in delivering Sightsavers campaign strategy and campaigning related activity.
What we think you’ll need to be able to do the job
We are seeking an organised and action orientated person, who is able to adapt to change and make decisions confidently. You will have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to communicate and influence a large range of audiences. Your work must be driven by a desire to see an end to disability discrimination.
We are looking for someone with the following skills and experience:
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of working with a wide range of campaigning techniques, including online and offline public mobilisation and recruitment
- Experience of using digital campaigning tools and platforms, such as Engaging Networks
- Experience building, sending and analysing emails through an email marketing or digital campaigning platform
- Experience of building, updating and analysing web content using a content management system. (Experience of using WordPress an advantage)
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of campaigning for policy change
- A proven track record of working within a team to deliver campaign strategies that achieve high level policy change
- An understanding of and commitment to equality of opportunities for people with disabilities
- Ability to project manage effectively and deliver against agreed deadlines
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to prioritise and work in a fast-paced environment with conflicting deadlines
This is a varied role, please read the full job description for further details.
Sightsavers offers some fantastic benefits. Our comprehensive benefits package includes generous annual leave allowance, pension, season ticket loan, cycle to work scheme, discounted gym memberships and wellness discounts. If you choose to work in or are visiting our collaborative, modern office space, you will find it an easy 20-minute train journey from Brighton or 45 minutes from London.
To apply for this exciting new opportunity, please complete an application via our recruitment portal. We are particularly interested in learning of your motivations for applying.
We anticipate that remote interviews are likely to take place week commencing 16 October and the evaluation process will include a written task and presentation and verbal interview.
Closing date: 2 October 2023
As an equal opportunity employer, we actively encourage applications from all sections of the community. Sightsavers is a Disability Confident Leader and qualified people with a disability are particularly encouraged to apply.
Sightsavers is an employer that does not tolerate any form of harassment and has zero tolerance for sexual exploitation and abuse. All potential candidates will be subjected to rigorous background checks and controls.