The Director Internal Audit provides independent, objective assurance and consulting services to make valuable contributions and improve the operations of the International Rescue Committee (IRC). The services include the appraisal of the adequacy and the effectiveness of the IRC’s operating, reporting, and compliance processes and controls.
The Director Internal Audit will not only strive to provide the highest level of professional service but also maintains the highest ethical standards and due professional care.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders.
- Manage 1 to 4 audit staff.
- Provide back up for the Senior Director Internal Audit.
- Plan, lead, and/or conduct location and functional audits and special reviews.
- Prepare audits reports that include conclusions and recommendations to correct identified deficiencies and improve processes.
- Monitor progress of management’s mitigation of identified deficiencies/opportunities.
- Ensure adherence to the Institute of Internal Auditors professional standards.
- Assist the Senior Director Internal Audit in developing annual audit plans that address significant risks of the organization.
- Assist the Senior Director Internal Audit in continuously improving the audit process through new tolls and techniques.
- Minimum 8 years of external and internal auditing
- Minimum 3 years of management experience
- Experience working in the Not-for-Profit industry, INGO sector, and/or grant-supported organizations
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Communications – Written and Oral English
- Staff Development
- Project Management
- Internal Controls and Business Processes
- Risk Management
- Data Analysis
- MS Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and VISIO
Education: Bachelor’s degree in business-related field
Language Skills: Fluency in French, Spanish, or Arabic is a plus
Certificates or Licenses: CPA/CA or CIA
Preferred experience & skills:
- Strong organizational and time-management skills; proven ability to prioritize and deliver on time.
- Strong analytic problem-solving skills.
- Ability to present and explain complex issues.
- Ability to negotiate and achieve consensus of recommendations to reduce risk or improve operations.
- This role may require working remotely full or part-time.
- Standard office working environment.
- International travel to underdeveloped countries up to 50%.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Equality, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Respect at Work, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, and Combating Trafficking in Persons.
Equal Opportunity Employer: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
How to apply