University of Nottingham
View All Vacancies
Location: Kings Meadow Campus
£84,686 to £98,173
Level 7, Band B
Closing Date: Wednesday 11 October 2023
We are a pioneering institution that delivers world-leading research that transforms lives and societies. We are a truly international organisation with campuses in the UK, China and Malaysia. Our diverse network of pioneering campuses and partnerships welcome collaborators to continue shaping the future of our world.
Our world is defined by our people and the values we share. We recognise that people are at the heart of our success, and we believe that teams that combine people who have different personal experiences and backgrounds result in actions with more impact. We build strong teams and believe in supporting each other.
We are seeking a Director of HR Operations to join the HR Senior Leadership Team on a fixed term contract until July 2024. You will be responsible for providing strategic leadership which ensures the delivery of excellent, agile, responsive, and reliable HR operational services, which support the life cycle of an employee and encompasses HR Management and Information Services.
- Providing strategic leadership for the HR Digital, Systems and Shared Services team covering service areas including Resourcing, Global Mobility and Immigration, Pay and Reward, Employment Shared Services, HR Central Shared Services and HR Management and Information Services
- Leading pay, reward, global mobility, resourcing and HR data management strategies to support the achievement of the University’s strategic objectives and associated recruitment targets and KPIs – All strategies of which must align with, and support, the delivery of the People and Culture Strategic Delivery Plan
- Conceiving, developing and leading the approach to pay and reward, ensuring this approach supports delivery of strategic ambitions and also aligns to the culture we want to create, underpinning our university values
- Leading the development of a HR data management strategy, ensuring HR data is available to be used to support strategic decision making and for managers to have the right information about their people, which supports them make better day to day decisions
- Leading the development of a performance culture in the delivery of all HR operational activity and achievement of HR SLAs
- Leading the development of a simple and effective internal communication and engagement strategy to ensure there is openness and transparency around our HR decisions.
You will be experienced in leading cross functional teams with a wide range of specialisms (including Resourcing, Global Mobility and Immigration, Pay and Reward, Employment Shared Services, HR Central Shared Services and HR Management and Information Services), to successful delivery, within large, complex environments, ideally from the higher education sector.
An in-depth knowledge of HR strategy, data management techniques, pay & reward strategy and framework development is essential. You will be experienced in leading the development of a performance culture, therefore expertise in leading transformational change involving business process, innovation and organisational change, and working successfully with trade unions is key for selection.
This role is offered on a full-time (36.25 hour) basis. All enquiries should be addressed to our advising partner Lincoln Cornhill Executive. Please contact Adam Cragg – Partner, Head of HR Practice at [email protected] .
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.