Yorkshire Dales National Park Authority
We are the Yorkshire Dales National Park Authority, an organisation that protects, enhances and
promotes the immense beauty, wildlife and character of the Yorkshire Dales. Set against
expansive heather moorland tops, each valley has its own distinct charm, from crags and
waterfalls to an underground labyrinth of caves.
We are looking for a Director of Park Services to join us on a permanent, full-time basis.
- Salary of £59,626 – £69,795 per annum
- Holiday entitlement starting at 26 days (rising to 31 days) plus bank holidays
- Flexi time scheme
- Local government defined benefit pension scheme (LGPS)
- Subsidised Healthcare scheme
- Employee discounts on various goods and services
- Free parking
- Commitment to wellbeing
- Relocation Allowance available
This is the perfect role for a senior level access and engagement, visitor services or park
management professional to drive the direction of the Park Services within the Yorkshire Dales
You’ll play a pivotal role in shaping the future of our treasured National Park, bringing your
passion and determination to provide visionary leadership and ensure this unique space can be
enjoyed for generations to come.
Alongside an outstanding rewards package, you will discover great hybrid working options.
What’s more, you will be critical in building our (and your) legacy, and helping tens of
thousands to make incredible memories based in the stark, breathtaking beauty of the Yorkshire
So, if you’re passionate about the value of National Parks and would like to work in one of the
most beautiful landscapes in Britain, we want to hear from you!
As our Director of Park Services, you will oversee a broad range of mission critical aspects
within the Yorkshire Dales National Park. Involved in visitor experiences, access and
engagement and overall park services, you will lead and represent the Park to key decision
makers, the wider public and the leadership directorate.
You’ll provide vision, leadership and direction to the Park Services Directorate whilst also
playing a major role in the corporate management and direction of the Authority as a whole.
Making sure each and every visitor experiences and understands the special qualities of the
Park, you’ll drive engagement with its natural beauty, wildlife and cultural heritage. You’ll
also have a real impact on our ability to fulfil our duties as a National Park, representing
and enhancing our image and profile.
Additionally, you will:
- Provide leadership and manage performance for major programmes and projects
- Promote opportunities for the public to understand and enjoy the qualities of the National
- Champion health, safety and wellbeing
- Provide input into the development and production of the National Park Management Plan
- Provide the Park Services elements for our corporate planning documents
- Establish relationships with government, local authority and partner organisations
To be considered as our Director of Park Services, you will need:
- Experience working in visitor services, access and engagement or park management
- Experience at a senior level of leading and managing teams
- Experience successfully managing resources
- Knowledge of national and local authority legislation, regulations and national policies
- An understanding of commercial opportunities and grant funding
- A degree level qualification or equivalent experience
- A full, valid driving licence and/or access to a means of transport to meet the travel
requirements of the post
The closing date for this role is 11pm on Sunday 19th November 2023.
Anticipated interview date is week commencing 4 December 2023.
If you would like an informal discussion about this position, please contact David
Butterworth, Chief Executive, on 01969 652333 or [email protected]
Find out more & apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.