Location: East London
Salary banding: £29,960 and £35,000
Working pattern: Full-Time
Reporting to: Neil Smith – National Operations Lead
Sponsorship: Unfortunately we are unable to offer sponsorship for this role.
This role in 3 words: Engaging. Ownership. Decision-maker.
Top 3 qualities for this role: Communication. Organisation. Resilience
Everyone belongs at OVO
At OVO, we are on a mission to solve one of humanity’s biggest challenges, the climate crisis. And we know it takes all of us to change the world. That’s why we need diverse people from all gender identities, ethnicities, ages, sexual orientations, life experiences and backgrounds to join us.
Teamworking for the planet
Everything we do here spins around Plan Zero. So, naturally, the team you’ll be joining plays a gigantic role in making that happen. Here’s how:
You’ll be working as part of OVOs Zero Carbon Living team (ZCL) where your key objective is to provide energy saving advice tailored to a customer’s home. This will include making efficiency recommendations and providing an assessment of the retrofit suitability of the property. Your team could be the first point of contact for our OVO Energy customers, so you’ll be expected to promote the benefits of low-carbon retrofit in order to help the wider team facilitate the delivery of Government initiatives such as the Energy Company Obligation (ECO) scheme. By doing this we will help our members to reduce carbon emissions and save money on their fuel bills.
This role in a nutshell:
At OVO , we’re on a mission to make our members’ homes more energy efficient. The more energy efficient the home, the less heat will escape, and the less energy the home will need to use. That will result in our members saving money and cutting carbon but every home
is different so we’ve launched the OVO Energy Experts service. This service gives our customers the chance to request a free visit from one of our experts, who will give energy saving advice tailored to the customers home.
As an OVO Energy Expert, your job is to do what’s best for our customers. Being able to identify where a customer could get better value by being more energy efficient is a crucial duty of an effective agent. Our Energy Experts are usually the first point of face to face contact between a customer and our business, so the ability to provide meaningful and beneficial advice to our customers is key.
Your key outputs will be:
- Visit customers homes at predetermined time slots in order to carryout a top-to-bottom audit and answer any questions a customer may have regarding becoming more energy efficient
- Producing Energy Reports based on a properties currency, energy usage, and the energy potential of the property
- Producing Occupancy Evaluation Reports by reviewing previous energy bills and understanding the daily energy usage in the Building
- Provide an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) or Energy Performance Report (EPR) depending on the findings from the assessment, and the customer’s requirements
- Create and issue a brand new, official, Energy Performance Certificate (or EPR) and provide a personalised Home Health report.
- Develop bespoke home retrofit plans which set out the steps that need to be taken to radically improve the performance of their home, with recommended order of works and outline of the likely costs and impacts
- Keep up to date with technical and administrative developments relating to low carbon retrofit.
- Ensure that all work carried out is consistent with standards applicable at the time.
You’ll be a successful Domestic Energy Assessor at OVO if you…
- Are a fully qualified Level 3, Domestic Energy Assessor and have previous experience in a customer facing role.
- You’ll be confident at ensuring dealings with our customers and use of their data is fair and compliant, and you should also have a proven understanding of the Data Protection Act.
- Have an understanding of the Energy Company Obligation would be a plus.
- Be a strong communicator with the ability to tailor your approach to each individual customer
- Have an understanding of public sector engagement
- Be confident and knowledgeable of different technologies and the benefits these could bring to our members
- Be comfortable managing and prioritising your own workload – you’ve got outstanding organisational/time management skills!
- Be a customer focused, positive and solutions oriented individual.
Let’s talk about what’s in it for you
We’ll pay you between £29,960 and £35,000 depending on your specific skills and experience. If your expectations are a little different, have a chat with us!
We keep our pay ranges broad on purpose to give us, and you, flexibility to match your experience to our zero carbon mission.
You’ll be eligible for an on-target bonus of 15%. We have one OVO bonus plan that focuses on the collective performance of our people to deliver our Plan Zero goal.
We also offer plenty of green benefits and progressive policies to help you feel like you belong at OVO…and there’s flex pay. It’s an extra 9% of your salary on top of your core pay to use as you like. You can take it as cash, add to your pension, or choose to spend it on a huge range of flex benefits.
Here’s a taster of what’s on offer:
For starters, you’ll get 34 days of holiday (including bank holidays).
For your health
With benefits like a healthcare cash plan or private medical insurance depending on your career level, critical illness cover, life assurance, health assessments, and more
For your wellbeing
With gym membership, gadget, travel and cyber insurance, workplace ISA, will writing services, DNA testing, dental insurance, and more
For your lifestyle
With extra holiday buying, discount dining, culture cards, tech loans, and supporting your favourite charities with give-as-you-earn donations
For your home
Get up to £300 off any OVO Energy plan (when you pay by Direct Debit), plus personal carbon offsetting and great discounts on smart thermostats and EV chargers
For your commute
Nab a great deal on ultra-low emission car leasing, plus our cycle to work scheme and public transport season ticket loans
Want to hear about our full range of flexible benefits and progressive people policies? Our People Team can tell you everything you need to know.
For your Belonging
To find better ways to support our people, we need to listen to each other’s experiences and find ways to build a truly inclusive and diverse workplace. As part of this, we have 8 Belonging Networks at OVO. Led by our people, for our people – so when you join OVO, you can play a part – big or small – with any of the Networks. It’s up to you.
Oh, and one last thing…
We’d be thrilled if you tick off all our boxes yet we also believe it’s just as important we tick off all of yours. And if you think you have most of what we’re looking for but not every single thing, go ahead and hit apply. We’d still love to hear from you!
If you have any additional requirements, there’s a space to let us know on the application form; we want to make the process as easy and comfortable for you as possible..
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.