Driver Technician – Mobility Aids Service
Location: Harlow, Essex
Hours: 35 per week
Contract type: Permanent
Salary: £20,124 per annum
Would you like to use your driving skills to make a difference to people’s lives?
We have a Driver Technician position available within our Mobility Aids Service (MAS) based in Essex and surrounding area.
The role of the Driver Technician is to deliver, assemble, demonstrate and collect equipment to and from both service user’s homes and establishments, ensuring standards of service as specified by the company are met and where possible exceeded. Many service users are near end of life, so kindness and compassion are traits desired for anyone within the role.
This is a great role for the right person who has an appreciation of how rewarding it is to help some of society’s most vulnerable people.
A day in the life of a Driver Technician within Mobility Aids Service:
The Driver Technician works closely with the Service Delivery Coordinator to contribute to the smooth operation of the Equipment Distribution Service. They provide support to other members of the department ensuring that the operation complies with, and where possible, exceeds customer expectations, contractual arrangements, service levels and overall company requirements whilst delivering target profitability. Success in this role is also measured via operational Key Performance Indicators.
There will be approximately seven drops in any one day which are usually completed by early afternoon and the remainder of the shift will be spent within the warehouse maintaining equipment (cleaning and servicing wheelchairs) and ensuring everything is kept clean and tidy.
To be a successful Driver Technician within Mobility Aids Service, you’ll need:
To be self-assured and able to build rapports with service users.
To be able to work as part of a team supporting members of the public ; be a people person.
To be a confident and safe driver with van driving experience and knowledge of Essex and surrounding area including north London.
Driving experience as a multi-drop driver and dealing with the general public on a daily basis
To be physically able to lift and carry loads (within the Health and Safety Manual Handling criteria)
A full UK driving licence to drive manual transmission, held for a minimum of 2 years.
The closing date for applications is 11.59pm on Thursday 1st June 2023 with interviews to follow.
In return for your commitment and expertise, you’ll get:
• Holidays – You’ll get 36 days annual leave (including bank holidays) and the option to buy an additional 5 days leave.
• Pension scheme– We offer up to 6% contributory pension.
• Flexible working – We will do what we can to make sure you work in a way that suits you
• Learning & Development Opportunities – We are one of the UK’s largest charities and have a wide range of career opportunities. We also provide comprehensive learning opportunities for staff to develop themselves.
• Discounts – You’ll have access to brilliant discounts through the Blue Light Discount Card and our own employee benefits platform.
• Wellbeing Support – Staff wellbeing is always priority. You’ll have access to mental health and wellbeing support.
• Team Working – You will be working as part of a team that is supporting our mission of helping people in crisis.
• Cycle2Work -The cycle to work scheme enables you to lease a bicycle.
• Season ticket loan – We offer an interest free loan to buy a season ticket for travel between home and work.
Connecting human kindness with human crisis
How to apply