The Chancery Lane Project
The Chancery Lane Project (TCLP) is the largest
network of lawyers and business leaders using commercial contracts to deliver rapid
We are seeking a full time Editorial Manager to join this dynamic and fast-moving project as it
begins to scale globally.
The successful candidate will have unrivalled experience, combining passion for action with
professionalism, tackling the complex systemic issues of climate change using powerful,
pragmatic contract solutions.
Read more about TCLP in our Information
Pack and our plans in our summary strategy.
About the role
The Editorial Manager will play a central role in the success of TCLP: identifying, developing
and maintaining a wide range of the highest quality legal content that practically and
effectively delivers climate impact.
This role will report to the Programme Manager.
Editorial and publishing
- Responsible for all editorial and publishing activities relating to TCLP’s library of legal
content (including guides, clauses, glossary terms, tools and other materials published on
TCLP’s websites or elsewhere).
Supporting TCLP with delivering its strategic aims with content that:
- is technically accurate and of an exceptionally high calibre,
is user-centred and designed to meet end user needs and drive end user uptake and engagement
with the content, and
prioritises opportunities for decarbonisation with the greatest potential for impact and
This includes, but is not limited to:
- Creating guides,
- Developing new content and maintaining existing content, and
- Reconfiguring existing content to support emerging user needs, as well as new user interfaces
and journeys that increase end use of the clauses.
Supporting TCLP with delivering its strategic aims by developing, maintaining and constantly
improving our editorial and publishing systems and approaches so that they:
- are user-centred and user designed,
maximise opportunities for leveraging the time and expertise of subject matter experts in our
- minimise admin, bureaucracy and touch points for TCLP.
Strategic thinking and contributing to delivering TCLP’s strategic aims
- Reviewing priorities for decarbonisation, trends shaping the legal market and the markets of
target sector actors in private, public, nonprofit and legal entities.
Understanding and identifying the opportunities to adapt legal documents to address climate
risks and impacts and facilitate the rapid and equitable transition to a decarbonised economy.
Understanding our content and how it needs to change to align with emerging climate science and
revised climate trajectories.
Helping to set the legal content agenda for TCLP’s portfolio of work, so that it aligns with
and delivers TCLP’s strategic aims.
- Ensuring the quality and technical accuracy of content generated by TCLP’s Communications team
to ensure brand integrity and authority with subject matter expert audiences in target private,
public and nonprofit entities and the legal market generally.
Working across project teams
- Supporting project associates, other team members (as well as members of TCLP’s community who
generate content with us), to produce materials of the highest quality and relevance.
Coordinating the development of legal content in project teams to ensure a joined up approach
to how we create, maintain, innovate and iterate our legal content.
- Coordinating and project managing editorial and publishing activities in the editorial team and
across the TCLP projects that generate content, to ensure a joined up approach to content
creation, maintenance and development that meets TCLP strategic aims.
In relation to content creation, maintenance and development:
- Managing dependencies and avoiding duplication
- Consulting stakeholders (external to TCLP and internal) and managing relationships with them.
Reducing content related risks that are adverse to TCLP, our brand, relationship with key
stakeholders and our strategic aims.
Identifying opportunities and leveraging synergies to deliver high calibre content that
delivers real world impact.
- Managing a small team including an assistant.
You will be a self-starter who is passionate about sustainability and making a difference in
the climate crisis.
You will have the following attributes:
- Passion for taking action to deliver real change in the climate crisis.
- Internalised understanding of the reality of the climate crisis.
- Empathy and compassion.
- The ability to enable the full potential of others.
Strategic abilities and creativity (meaning, the ability to keep TCLP’s strategic aims front
and centre in your work and to use your creativity and lateral thinking to come up with
innovative solutions that deliver our strategy).
- Independent thinking.
- Passion for learning.
Agility and adaptability (specifically, the ability to: hold things lightly, accept when a
course of action is not delivering the desired impact and pivot so that it does).
Specifically, the candidate will have the following attributes:
- Legal drafting experience.
- Commercial transactions experience.
- An understanding of version control and publication processes.
- Strong editorial skills (specifically: writing, proofreading and copy editing and research).
Strong project management skills (specifically: organisation, communication, strategic thinking
- Start date: ASAP
- Salary: £50,000 p.a.
- This is a full time permanent role
- Remote working, UK-based
- 25 days holiday p.a. plus public holidays
TCLP is a family friendly and inclusive organisation.
A cover letter addressing the following:
- Your fit to the person specification above,
- Your fit to the job description above,
- How you will manage this role working remotely, and
- Potential start date.
- Your CV.
Please complete the short video interview (you will receive a link after application
Please note, we will only review applications that are accompanied by a cover letter, CV, and
video addressing all elements requested below.
Applications will be accepted until 9am 31 May 2023.
Find out more & apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.