Salix Finance is a non-departmental public body established to accelerate public sector
investment in low carbon technologies. Salix is publicly funded by BEIS, DfE, and the Welsh and
Scottish Governments and works with public sector bodies throughout the UK, helping them make
progress towards achieving their carbon reduction targets. We do this by offering grants and
interest free loans for low carbon and energy efficiency projects. By joining Salix, you will
learn about low carbon technologies and their application in the built environment, financing
of capital projects, government policy and client relationship management.
Salix are proud to have been awarded the Investors in People Gold Award and came first in the
Sunday Times Top 100 companies to work for in category small companies, not for profit in 2021.
On 30th September BEIS launched the Public Sector Decarbonisation Scheme (PSDS) and Public
Sector Low Carbon Skills Fund (PSLCF) both of which are being delivered by Salix. The purpose
of both schemes is to provide grant funding to Public Sector Organisations to deliver capital
energy efficiency and heat decarbonisation projects within public sector non-domestic
buildings, including central government departments and non-departmental public bodies in
England. The scheme aligns with BEIS’ new mission and priorities and will also encourage green
investment, supporting the Government’s net-zero and clean growth goals.
Work Life at Salix
For staff joining Salix we run a comprehensive induction programme to support staff to be
successful at work. Every member of staff is in a team and has a named line manager who helps
organize individual workload and manages training and development.
Salix works to enable the public sector in the UK to reduce its carbon footprint. The task of
reducing the UK’s carbon emissions needs individuals who will work as a constructive team
member building positive relationships with our clients to enable them to implement low carbon
technologies across their estate.
- Undertaking full technical reviews of applications in line with Technical Services
Procedures for all funding programmes, including assessment of technical feasibility, financial
value for money and project delivery risk assessments
- Lead client communications to review and resolve technical queries with applicants
- Liaise with clients either via email, calls or in person meetings
- Check technical assessments completed by Salix’s external technical consultants, giving the
assessor feedback where needed
- Producing performance reports for the Energy & Carbon Managers and other programme
- Supporting Energy & Carbon Manager in developing processes for the measurement and
analysis of approved applications
- Provide expertise within Salix on low carbon heating, energy efficiency and renewable
technologies covered in funding applications.
- Updating and continual development of Salix Application Forms and technical procedures
- Development of technology-specific tools to support client calculations
- Develop additional Salix support material including best practice examples and case studies
- Build new and maintain existing relationships with clients and consultant/supplier base
- To develop staff technical knowledge through shared learning and provide technical advice
to colleagues within Salix
- Support the Communication and PR team with technical aspects of marketing material
- Undertaking analysis of energy and carbon savings data from funded projects
- Represent Salix at various promotional events
- Organise and deliver technical and corporate presentations at client workshops and training
- Support the business development team with any development/research work relating to the
organisation, technologies or the reporting databases, website and front-ends such as the
Recycling Fund reporting system (SERS).
- Conducting site visits to evaluate installed technologies, provide advice on making a Salix
application and supporting pipeline building
- Also, to include any other duties and responsibilities within the range of the salary grade
- The person specification is available as an attachment at the bottom of this advert.
- £25,500pa during probationary period which lasts 3 months
- £26,000pa after successful probationary period
- 28 days annual leave
- Cycle to work scheme
- Contributory pension scheme
- Employee support with public transport costs
- Supported training budget for staff
- Travel pass (National Rail)
Salix is an equal opportunities employer and has a policy of equal pay. Salix operates a
probationary period for all new staff. This ensures people joining Salix can find out that the
job meets their expectations and that Salix can support each member of staff in their role.
This is on a fixed term 3 month probationary contract. Successful completion of the
probationary period will lead to an offer of employment contract.
The Person Specification for this position can be found at the bottom of this advert. All
criteria outlined in the specification are considered essential and will be assessed through a
combination of the application statement, CV, and interview.
Candidates must demonstrate that they meet the qualifications, experience, skills and abilities
listed in the Person Specification. In order that candidates focus on the experience, skills
and abilities in the Person Specification ten specific areas have been highlighted with
a ✓. Candidates should focus on these ten points in their
written statement which should be no more than 1,500 words. Other aspects of the Person
Specification will be evidenced from your CV and the final interview.
How to apply
If you wish to apply for this role, please submit all of the following to [email protected].
- An up to date CV
- A statement of no more than 1,500 words as to how you match the requirements of the Person
Specification ensuring you address the ten key criteria highlighted in the key criteria column
of the Person Specification
- Equality monitoring form (attached)
Please specify in the application the subject the job title you are applying for and within the
email where you saw the job posted.
Applications will close once the post is filled.
Candidates will be asked to prepare a presentation. The title will be issued with the
invitation to interview.
Interviews agreed by mutual agreement.
Start in post by mutual agreement.
Key information about application
- Applicants must demonstrate through their CV and personal statement that they meet the
qualifications, experience, skills and abilities listed in the Personal Specification.
- Please be aware that Salix will only accept applications which contain all the requested
supporting documentation detailed above, and candidates that do not submit all requested
documentation will not be contacted to submit a full application
- All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and documentation is required to
If you have any questions, please contact [email protected]k
PLEASE FIND ATTACHED JOB DESCRIPTION AND PERSON SPECIFICATION.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.