Marine Conservation Society
We are looking for an Engagement Officer to support the delivery of outreach activities as
part of our amazing partnership project Restoration Forth. The project is restoring native
oyster reefs to the Firth of Forth area and works closely with local communities to enhance the
coastal and marine environment of the Forth, support nature-based solutions to address climate
change, and create opportunities for local people to reconnect with the sea.
As our Shellfish Engagement Officer you’ll promote the project and our wider campaigns and
conservation goals through a variety of activities – all with the aim of bringing the project
to life for young people, adult learners, families, community groups and local businesses.
You’ll input into the programme design and be a key piece in its successful delivery.
We are looking for people who demonstrate our values, but who can also contribute their own
unique perspectives and lived experiences which will help us grow as an organisation. If you
need any support in making your application, to be at your best in an interview, or if you have
any queries around the role requirements, we’re here to help. Please contact us at [email protected] to discuss further.
What you’ll do
- Provide Citizen Science training to local, engaged communities around the Firth of Forth to
inspire interest and confidence in the range of projects that are available and the scope for
native oyster citizen science involvement. You’ll develop and trial in-person native oyster
citizen science activities.
- Coordinate and develop a network of active volunteers with regular communications and
feedback, deepen connections with their local community and the wider Marine Conservation
Society goals – ensuring a legacy for the Restoration Forth project.
What you’ll need to show us
- The knowledge and ability to explain the relevant marine issues and project concepts to a
variety of audiences in innovative ways.
- Your track record of recruiting and developing engagement activities for volunteers.
- Your ability to design and deliver robust citizen science and learning programmes for
- The confidence to address groups in information or training sessions.
- A desire to inspire and educate young people and some skills or experience in delivering
sessions tailored to them in a range of settings.
We work to protect our ocean, and all that depend on it, the wildlife, the people, and now, our
planet. We are looking for people who demonstrate our values, but who also contribute their own
perspectives and experiences to add to our knowledge and our culture.
- We are brave
- We are positive
- We have integrity
- We are a community
- We are credible
- We are solutions focused
Find out more & apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.