View All Vacancies Enterprise & Innovation Services
£31,396 to £36,024
Tuesday 05 September 2023
Tuesday 19 September 2023
Research & Enterprise Services division is looking for an exceptional individual to join the University’s Enterprise Team (operating as Work in Progress) on a part-time basis (0.6 FTE) from 1st October 2023 to support the delivery of the team’s service offer.
Please note, this is a temporary fixed-term opportunity (maternity cover) until 30th June 2024 or until the post-holder returns.
About Work in Progress
The Work in Progress team comprises five roles (including this one) and is responsible for:
- Providing support and access to useful resource for current students and recent alumni pursuing innovation and start-up projects and self-employment opportunities, or who have already taken this step and are looking to innovate and/or grow their existing ventures.
- Providing international students with information regarding the different visa schemes that permit start-up and self-employment after graduation.
- Facilitating engagement in opportunities for current students and recent alumni to develop their entrepreneurial mindsets, commercial awareness and associated competencies for the purpose of enhancing their employability, participating in knowledge exchange activities, or creating sustainable value for others through their professional and personal interests.
- Managing access to the Work in Progress innovation studio on Alexandra Square on campus for delivery partners and other knowledge exchange and engagement staff.
- Administering and distributing the start-up funding allocated to the University thanks to its strategic relationship with Santander Universities.
- Collating data around the number of student and graduate businesses as a component of the institution’s annual institutional Higher Education Business Community Interaction (HE-BCI) survey.
The service is accessible to current students and alumni who graduated within the previous two years.
About the role
You will work as a key member of the Work in Progress team, supporting the day-to-day customer-facing activities and behind-the-scenes operations that ensure quality user experiences and effective management reporting. There is another 0.6FTE Enterprise Programme Officer in the team and some duties are shared across both roles to ensure continuity of service across the week. However, each EPO has some specific areas of responsibility that are not typically shared.
Please note, as this is a maternity cover, some of the duties outlined in the job description may not be required, or may be reprioritised due to the timeframe. The primary responsibilities of this post over this period are anticipated to include:
- Picking-up, logging and triaging service-user enquiries, e.g. re. start-up and business support; access to the studio, programmed activities, or resources, etc.
- Curating the Work in Progress online community on MS Teams, e.g. sharing relevant information and resources; facilitating community member interactions; etc.
- Co-ordinating the programme of user-led events and activities, and supporting the production of any team-led events and activities, both in-person and online.
- Maintaining the team’s online presence, incl. the WIP webpages (via Terminal4 CMS) and social media channels (incl. LinkedIn)
- Maintaining and interrogating team data sets, e.g. leads and enquiries, engaged customer demographics, support interventions and development opportunities, feedback and evaluation, etc, using the KEEP CRM system.
- Co-ordinating the HE-BCI survey data collection exercise and ensuring submission of quality data.
- Administrating financial transactions and maintaining financial records, incl. for Santander Universities start-up funding awards.
- Providing ad hoc support to other members of the team as appropriate.
Please note, the post-holder will be based in Research & Enterprise Services on Bowland Main on campus where a hot-desking model is operated. Some duties may require the post-holder to work in the Work in Progress studio. Remote working can be accommodated where it does not impact upon quality of service and team operations. A University-approved laptop and appropriate accessories will be provided to enable the necessary flexibility. The specific part-time weekly work pattern will be agreed with the successful candidate.
The successful applicant will have:
- Excellent personal organisation, initiative, and team-working capabilities.
- Experience of developing and maintaining effective quality systems and processes, both physical and digital.
- Excellent Microsoft office skills, particularly Excel for data analysis and presentation, Teams for community interaction, as well as appropriate data-collection tools.
- Excellent interpersonal competencies, verbal/written communication skills and attention to detail.
- Experience of event planning, production and evaluation.
- An appreciation of the societal value of entrepreneurial mindsets and the relevance of enterprise education within Higher Education.
We welcome applications from people in all diversity groups.
Informal enquiries about this opportunity can be directed to Simon Harrison, Enterprise Programme Manager at [email protected] .
To find out more about the University please visit www.lancaster.ac.uk
Please note: Unless specified otherwise in the advert wording, all advertised roles are UK based.
The University provides an environment that strongly
supports the individual needs of each employee, whilst promoting the importance
of wellbeing for all our colleagues. We have a range of support networks available for our employees, and more information on these can be found on the ‘Working at Lancaster’ information page.
We are committed to family-friendly and flexible
working policies on an individual basis. The University recognises and
celebrates good employment practice undertaken to address all inequality in
We warmly welcome applicants from all sections of the
community regardless of their age, religion, gender identity or expression,
race, disability or sexual orientation, and are committed to promoting
diversity, and equality of opportunity.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.