Traidhos Three-Generation Barge Program
Traidhos Barge Program Environmental Education Facilitator (minimum 1 year contract)
- Are you an enthusiastic and talented facilitator who enjoys working with students, now seeking to acquire international skills and work experiences in experiential environmental education and education as sustainability?
- Do you value quality teaching & out-of-classroom experiential learning?
- Could you facilitate student professional residential field trips in National Park forest sites, in traditional communities, at temple grounds, from a boat on the Chao Phraya River, in marine locations and in other significant locations around Thailand?
- Do you believe students should learn in a safe and caring environment?
The Traidhos Three-Generation Barge Program is seeking to employ a highly skilled practitioner as soon as possible to include Summer work at our Centre in Chiang Mai and certainly by September 2023, to be part of a team leading environmental education activities in residential programs, based out of our Bangkok office.
The Traidhos Three-Generation Barge Program has attained an impressive reputation as a unique provider of environmental education programs in Thailand. It works with International and local schools in Thailand and SE Asia. The Barge Program is administered by the Traidhos Three-Generation Community for Learning in Chiang Mai.
The Barge Program is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of participating
students and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff are required
to produce a recent criminal background check; to attend a safeguarding information session;
and to agree to follow all safeguarding policies.
For further information visit www.threegeneration.org
This unique opportunity is ideally suited to a dynamic educator who enjoys a challenge. Either a competent young professional seeking to acquire international skills and work experiences; or an accomplished professional seeking to build a global reputation in environmental education.
The successful candidate will be versatile, adept and love the challenge of engaging students and staff from a wide range of schools and diverse cultural backgrounds encompassing both Thai and expatriate communities (mostly students from international schools). You will be flexible and able to cope with different cultural settings and a bilingual workplace. You will have good energy and be able to be in the field with students most weekdays every week. Past experiences may include work as a primary or secondary teacher, working for Forest Schools, facilitation at fieldwork or outdoor centres or local authority education officers.
If you are that successful candidate, you will be able to cope with the heat of Thailand and able to live in a big city, surrounded by concrete. You will be happy to facilitate in natural areas as well as in urban and temple settings.
You will offer the following attributes:
- A solid base of working with young people in a school or camp-style setting
- Recent clean criminal background checks
- Teaching or related work experiences in environmental/sustainability education centers, forest schools or equivalent fieldwork programs
- Ability to develop and execute leading edge programs & lesson plans commensurate with national & international curricula including UK, US, Aust/NZ & International Baccalaureate
- Excellent interpersonal skills to liaise with a wide range of schools and professionals
- Demonstrable experiences in planning and leading teams of students, their classroom teachers & involved parents on excursions, field trips, hiking, scout camps or similar
- Appropriate professional development &/or peer group / staff training experiences in Education for Sustainability or environmental education
- Demonstrably solid personal organization skills – able to work to deadlines, in and out of office environments
- Experience and enjoyment in working as part of a small team
- Adaptability and tolerance living and working in a different culture, and as part of a multicultural team, often living in shared spaces with early morning starts.
- Comfortable to make connections to sustainability in forest, marine and urban / historical settings
- Appropriate first aid and CPR qualifications.
- minimum of a bachelors degree (to enable us to apply for a work permit for you)
These additional skills are advantageous:
- Experience in teaching English to non-native speakers
- Work experience in summer camps, jamborees or other outdoor programs
- Lifesaving qualifications.
The position includes team teaching on trips most Monday to Fridays. On non trip week days you should expect to support office based trip preparation work, pre-trip meetings and equipment preparation. Please note that contact hours with students and colleagues on fieldtrips can be long and irregular with little personal non-contact time during 1 – 5 day trips. The role includes occasional weekend work but most weeks there are 2 weekend days free! However there are a wealth of intercultural experiences on offer and it is a great way to experience different habitats.
The package includes work permit and visa once in Thailand, your own bedroom / bathroom in a shared house, Aetna medical insurance and 20,000 Thai baht per month
Please contact the Head of Community at [email protected] immediately attaching your current CV & a letter of introduction stating why you are ideally suited & keen to join this exciting program and when you could be in Thailand ready to start. Please include the contacts for 2 referees and quote reference BARGEFAC.
Appointments are being made now as post covid our team is greatly reduced, we need to increase the team quickly to cope with the Summer activity and to have a strong team moving forward into the next academic year which begins in August 2023. We are open to discussing the start date which may be straight away, by June in time for Summer programs, or in Late August in time for the new school year.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.