Position at EssenceMediacom
The Global Media & Planning Lead is a key role within the HQ EssenceMediacom team for Richemont / Cartier, driving global media expertise and Comms Strategies.
Increasingly, this role involves working with our specialist experts in the Consulting Hub (Strategy, Network & Ops, Commerce, Data, Analytics, Technology, Precision and Content) to help clients develop and execute change across their business.
In this role you will be dedicated the Cartier global account (One of the largest EssenceMediacom account globally) and be a core member of the Cartier EssenceMediacom global team who coordinate the effort of EssenceMediacom for Cartier and/ or other Group M media agencies in 30 + countries (and 200 +cumulated FTE).
Your role will be :
At its core, the role of the Global Media & Planning Director is to lead the Media Transformation of Cartier Globally towards Data-Driven, Attributable and Efficient Advertising Spend.
To do so, the Global Media & Planning Director will be:
• the leader of the Integrated Planning and HQ Coordination team, overseeing and driving the quality of Global Media Guidelines for full funnel campaigns, brand and performance.
• the Owner and manager of the Media Transformation Roadmap of Cartier Globally: defining, building and driving holistic Offline/Online and specialism towards our vision for Cartier.
You will manage and oversee your client day to day, building highly effective interpersonal relationships to become a key strategic advisor for your client and for all local EssenceMediacom/Cartier Planning teams.
Core Responsabilities :
• The key point of contact for the client alongside the client leadership and channel leads, to build strong day to day relationship and lead the planning and delivery of the media strategy and plan (from brief to execution)
• Build data-driven, insight-led, media planning and building insightful and innovative media plans.
• Leverage platform and channel data, alongside insight tools to mine insights that can inform media planning.
• Work closely with activation specialists (across online and offline channels) to ensure all media plans deliver crosschannel and in-channel innovation
• Ensure all media plans have a robust measurement framework and testing roadmap
• A champion of strategic thinking and accountable for fostering a planning culture within the client team – leading
brainstorms & big idea development.
• Build and manage relationships with key media partners, bringing fresh thinking and new ideas to the agency, team and clients from testing new tactics & innovation to creating editorial partnerships.
• Be the voice of the outside world, bringing in industry inspiration to ensure the wider team is plugged into global trends and innovations.
• Manages Integrated Planning and HQ Coordination teams to ensure they build strong relationships with their counterparts to deliver outstanding client service.
• Deepens the relationship with Cartier key counterparts to ensure retention and growth.
• Works seamlessly with other OPCOS and markets as needed to ensure best in class delivery.
The Ad-hoc stuff
• Contribute to thought leadership activity; writing articles, presenting at forums and rolling your sleeves up to dig into the Momentum database and find new and interesting stories
• Help foster an ‘award winning’ culture by showcasing great award-winning work and helping the agency focus on creating and submitting excellent work for awards
• Be constantly curious. Read lots, share lots. Question perspectives. Contribute to debate.
• Have fun: We are at our best when coming to work is fun!
Person Specification And Requirements :
Attitude is all important – we are looking for someone who is curious, want to push boundaries, contest the status quo and create amazing work that drives growth. A varied background and experience is an asset.
• Proven record of building strong client and team relationships and trust through their expertise and passion for delivering best in class strategy and client service.
• Experience of communications planning on large clients, owning the end-to-end planning process from brief to execution
• Strong capability to deliver data-driven, cross-channel planning that delivers across both brand and performance.
• Capable of bringing together multiple channels (both digital and offline) to build innovative, integrated responses
• Strategic thinker who has a passion for problem solving and curious to learn, challenge and inspire others
• Experience in creating cross channel media strategies, including investment allocation linked to business & marketing outcomes
• Curious and passionate about both consumer behaviour and client performance and how we can use data to not just understand but drive it forward
• A self-starter – resourceful on how to approach a problem and will think creatively about where to find insight and what data sources to use – not afraid to challenge the norm and bring new ideas and insights.
• Ability to mine complex data-sets for insights; experience of finding insight from digital platforms
• Comfortable on their feet, able to lead conversations with clients and stakeholders
• Strong storytelling who has the ability to stitch together complex ideas into a simple, succinct narrative
• Planned and executed digital partnerships with key media owners
• Proactive and solutions-focused
Your career at EssenceMediacom
• We are proud of our track record in investing in and retaining top talent – churn within the Strategy team is very low. As a strategist at EssenceMediacom you will have access to WPP, GroupM and EssenceMediacom career development resources and we always hire people based on their long term development potential
• As a core member of Cartier and Richemont Global Leadership team, you will gain great visibility among the EssenceMediacom Excos as well as EssenceMediacom / Group M teams in charge of Cartier and Richemont in 30
• Contribute to agency initiatives, big and small, that help build a flourishing culture
• Be a collaborator and provocateur all rolled into one, ensuring the agency stays on its toes and ahead of the curve
• Actively use EssenceMediacom goal setting system to feedback to agency members and for your own personal development. Our approach to goal setting is tailored to your own unique requirements and ambitions, ensuring you get the most out of your potential within the agency.
EssenceMediacom infuses the digital strategy, data-driven creative, analytics, and technology capabilities of Essence with MediaCom’s world-class scaled multichannel, audience planning and strategic media expertise.
EssenceMediaCom handles the media planning and buying for some of the world’s smartest advertisers. Supported by keen consumer insight, analysis and experience, we are part of the largest media planning and buying network in the world.
We believe that everything is connected. And that means a media agency has to think and operate in an entirely new way. So new that we don’t even call ourselves a media agency anymore. We call ourselves The Content + Connections
Agency. We transform client communications through systems thinking. Systems thinking is how we make sense of our clients’ communications systems, where we work to optimise the system as a whole and not just the individual components.
The EssenceMediaCom network comprises of over 10,000 people working in 125 offices in 90 markets around the world. We are proud to call some of the world’s most successful brands as clients, including Google, Richemont, Mars, Sony, Proctor & Gamble, Peugeot Citroen, Shell, and The Coca-Cola Company.
We know that our people are our greatest asset in making us a number one agency and so we make sure our employees are rewarded and looked after in terms of career growth, social life and personal welfare.
Apply on company website
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.