Please note this posting is to advertise potential job opportunities. This exact role may not be open today, but could open in the near future. When you apply, a Cisco representative may contact you directly if a relevant position opens.
What You’ll Do
In this role, you will provide support for calendaring, travel, expenses, along with management and oversight of special projects, as needed to both VPs and Directors. To perform these tasks effectively, you will become familiar with the products, people, and organizational dynamics within Cisco. You will understand how to handle, with a great degree of independence, incoming asks for time, meetings, resources and other needs from the VP and Directors. In addition to supporting these personnel, you will be responsible for determining when to refer matters to others, and to whom they should be referred. You will be responsible for following up to ensure proper disposition, and make sure nothing falls through the cracks. You will become a core member of the team, attending monthly staff meetings and quarterly all-team meetings.
• Calendar Management: Manages VP’s and Director’s calendars by prioritizing schedules and meetings. For example, may decide who gets on principal’s calendar, which meetings are attended, and who can attend in their place.
• Meeting Planning and Organizations: Assist VPs and Directors in planning and organizing meetings by taking responsibility for assembling the agenda, location, meeting technology (WebEx, TP) based upon participant needs, and all other meeting logistics. May further prepare meeting briefing documents by taking and disseminating notes and formulating post meeting action item lists.
• Correspondence/Approvals: Support VPs and Directors by acting as proxy for communications and approvals as authorized. Answer general questions as necessary and refer (filters) routine matters to appropriate parties and follows up to ensure accurate disposition.
• Travel: Responsible for making travel arrangements for the team. Carefully consider and decide the optimum travel arrangements and itinerary for calendared meetings while managing Cisco expenses.
• Special Projects: Provide analytical support to assist VPs and Directors on special projects. Research issues, analyze problems, compile data, and prepare reports.
In addition to the general administrative duties of an Administrative Assistant, daily tasks are carried out at a higher level of complexity. This includes researching issues, analyzing problems, determining approaches, compiling data and preparing reports. Due to the frequent engagement of the VPs and Directors across Cisco as a whole, this individual will collaborate with and coordinate activities with other EA’s and executives in Cisco. Work is generally of a critical and confidential nature.
Who You Are
• 4+ years experience in administrative environment and 2+ years supporting Director or above
• Great attention to detail and the maturity to handle confidential information
• Advanced knowledge of Mac/Windows desktop computer applications: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
• Past work experience in the high-tech industry is desired, prior Cisco experience preferred.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and French including the ability to communicate with all levels of Executive/Senior staff and clients.
• Collaborative style, with excellent teamwork.
• Champions improvements. Solves problems and makes decisions. Demonstrates leadership.
• Works in an organized and disciplined manner.
• Advanced desktop calendar management program experience.
• AA Degree desirable.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.