- County Antrim, Northern Ireland, Ireland
- Up to £28116 per annum
- Start Date:
- Contract Period:
- Main Industry:
- Search Property & Real Estate Jobs
- Other Industries & Skills:
- Property Management, Facilities Management
- Bluetownonline Ltd
- Job ID:
- Posted On:
- 12 February 2024
Job Title: Facilities and Accommodation Officer
Salary: GBP28,116 per annum
Job type: Full Time, 12 Months Fixed Term
Closing Date: 21 February 2024
We are currently looking for a Facilities and Accommodation Officer to join our dedicated and compassionate Victims of Slavery Support Service on a 12 Month fixed term contract. There is potential for this to be extended or made permanent.
The successful candidate will be organised and have the ability to take a proactive approach with close attention to detail.
The purpose of this role is to support the Regional Manager and the Belfast based Victims of Slavery Support Service (VSSS) service in the comprehensive provision of facilities support, including in relation to Migrant Help offices and client accommodation based in Northern Ireland. You will support the VSSS and Facilities teams to manage and secure practical, pragmatic solutions within our accommodation and offices to ensure the health and safety of staff and clients.
If you are an effective communicator, take a creative approach to tasks and are looking for an exciting role that makes a difference, we’d love to hear from you!
As the Facilities and Accommodation Officer your duties would include:
* Manage offices and accommodation, coordinating with the Facilities Team to ensure we comply with regulation and legislation in terms of Health and Safety and good/best practice standard
* Support the VSSS Regional Manager with facilities management of office spaces and client accommodation
* Support with procurements of fixtures and fittings for office and accommodation as required to meet our obligations as an office/accommodation provider
* Day to day maintenance of the Migrant Help accommodation asset register using the Migrant Help asset management app
* Work with Regional Manager to implement regular quality and Health & Safety checks of office and accommodation sites
* Monitor planned and preventative maintenance schedules and urgent repairs. Coordinate handyman services and contractors commissioned to carry out minor repairs and other works at the offices and accommodation
* Be Responsible for weekly accommodation inspections of direct Migrant Help accommodation and regular visits to any third-party accommodation sites used by Migrant Help clients. Undertake regular and periodic checks of the accommodation to ensure it meets the standards set out in contracts and other agreements
* Prepare rooms for occupancy as required, supervising this process to ensure void accommodation is minimized
* Maintain records of and reporting on energy usage, waste generated and costs in line with Migrant Helps’ targeted reductions in carbon emissions
* Support the Regional Manager with the completion and recording of health and safety risk assessments and safe systems of working. Advising the relevant manager/department on when these are due for review and/or update
* Liaise with landlords to ensure they meet their statutory obligations in the management of their buildings
* Work with the Facilities Team to maintain records of statutory compliance checks, e.g. PA Testing, legionella testing, annual inspection of fire equipment, regular testing of fire alarms and emergency lighting are relevant and up to date
* Ensure that all staff training related to the office/accommodation is compliant with the law/regulation as required and is kept up to date
* Support the provision of audit and other inspection on Migrant Help’s office/accommodation to ensure compliance with ISO45001, ISO9001 and ISO27001 accreditation
* Support the VSSS Team to record accidents and near misses and working with those involved and their managers take necessary steps to prevent a recurrence
* Promote equality, diversity and inclusion in all actions and activities
The experience and skills you need:
* Previous experience Facilities Officer/Administrator in a multi-location context
* Demonstrable experience of managing accommodation which support vulnerable adults and families
* A demonstrable ability to communicate effectively both in writing and verbally
* Proven ability to prioritise and work on your own initiative whilst respecting boundaries
* Ability to collect, analyse and disseminate Health and Safety data for reporting purposes
What else to expect:
* The post is subject to an ACCESS NI check, as required in Northern Ireland when working with vulnerable adults.
* Flexibility and work life balance
* Enhanced family friendly provisions
* Additional holiday entitlements
* Perkbox benefits
* Non-contributory pension scheme
Please click on the APPLY button to complete the application form for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Facilities Administrator, Facilities Helpdesk Lead, Facilities Supervisor, Facilities System Specialist, Facility Coordinator, Global Corporate Properties Coordinator, Global Workplace Manager, Compliance, Procurement, Admin Assistant, Office Administrator, Administrator, Office Administration Assistant, Administration Clerk, Administrative Assistant, Office Coordinator may also be considered for this role.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.