University of Northampton
Full Time Permanent
About the job
Interview Date: 13 December 2023
Working hours – Monday – Friday 6am – 2pm (Full Time)
The successful applicant will be working to support the estates and campus services. You will;
- Provide day to day support with the preparation of buildings/facilities in line with staff and student requirements to meet the Service Level Agreement.
- Liaise with specialist teaching areas and technicians to support all room resets/layout changes.
- Report to the Helpdesk, any observed defects or maintenance items.
- Support all office moves including the movement of furniture and equipment.
- Set out classrooms as required by timetables and layout specifications.
- Undertake daily vehicle checks, promptly reporting any vehicle defects to ensure its legality.
- Support stakeholders with collections/delivery and removals of university property including office equipment and furniture.
We are an accredited Living Wage Foundation Employer and currently pay the real living wage. In recognition of this the salary for this post has been increased to pay the higher amount which currently supersedes the actual Grade 2 salary before living wage which is £20,619 per annum.
- Be able to demonstrate literacy and numeracy skills to a standard appropriate to post
- Have a full UK driving licence.
- Be able to work accurately and safely.
- Have experience in completion of work in accordance with approved codes of practice and legislative compliance.
- Have experience of working in occupied buildings understanding not to cause disruption.
- Have experience in meeting deadlines.
It would be good if you;
- Have experience in housekeeping tasks.
- Are smart phone/tablet literate.
1st Degree Facilities is a trading name of UNEL which is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the University of Northampton and this vacancy is covered by UNEL Terms and Conditions of employment.
This is an exciting time to join our Company as the University relocated in September 2018 to a new purpose-built, town-centre campus .
Right to work
All candidates will be asked to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK at interview. Please note that the University of Northampton Enterprises Limited are unable to offer sponsorship to work in the UK. We can therefore only accept applications from individuals who are currently eligible to work in the UK.
We welcome applications from underrepresented groups.
The University of Northampton is committed to providing a vibrant, ethical and sustainable work, study and living environment that values equality, diversity and inclusion.
This commitment, along with our legal and moral obligations, provides an inclusive environment for staff, students and the public who may be affected by our activities.
Together @ UON confirms our commitment to equality and inclusion, underpinned by our belief in taking action. We are dedicated to creating an environment that celebrates equality and harnesses the power of diversity.
Together @ UON demonstrates our pledge to our staff, students and partners to nurture and develop an environment where equality and inclusion can thrive whilst we Transform Lives and Inspire Change.
To find out more, please visit: https://www.northampton.ac.uk/about-us/governance-and-management/management/equality-and-diversity/
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.