Shropshire Council is a unitary authority which serves the rural county of Shropshire. One of
the most important things about working here is the knowledge that you’re working to help
others and the real sense of achievement and purpose that brings. The people of Shropshire are
rightly proud of their county’s assets, its natural beauty, its history, its diverse economy,
its vibrant culture.
The Farming in Protected Landscapes Adviser will be one of two Advisers providing the main
contact and support to applicants for the Farming in Protected Landscapes (FiPL) programme for
the Shropshire Hills AONB Partnership team. Between July 2021 and March 2025 the AONB
Partnership is offering grants through this programme to farmers and landowners for projects
which deliver benefits to nature, climate, people and place. Farming in Protected Landscapes is
funded by Defra and is running in all of the English National Parks and AONBs.
In collaboration with the existing Adviser and other team members, the postholder will lead on
day to day support to applicants within Defra’s programme framework and guidance. They will
also help with maintaining records and monitoring.
You will have good skills and experience of working with farmers and land managers to benefit nature, climate and people. You will have good understanding of farming and agri-environment schemes. You will have experience of working up practical land management proposals and project management.
We value our employees and offer staff rewards and plenty of opportunities for personal development, apprenticeships and career progression including:
- Generous annual leave commencing at 28 days increasing with service to 33 days (pro rata for part time). With additional annual leave purchase policy
- Access to a benefits platform with a wide range of retail discounts and salary sacrifice schemes (cars, bikes, AVCs)
- Employer contribution Pension Scheme Shropshire County Pension Fund
- Supportive carers and parental policies (maternity, paternity, adoption leave, special leave)
- Many opportunities for flexible and agile working, we offer a hybrid model of working to promote flexible working around personal and family commitments
- Access to counselling and occupational health services
- Staff networks
For further information, please view our website.
Find out more & apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.