Working at Oxfam
Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty.
Oxfam GB -Iraq Program is looking for a Field Assistants for Project Takhteb which is focusing on dialogue and community engagement, funded by GIZ. Under this project, Oxfam will focus on meeting humanitarian needs and resilience building within returnees, displaced, and host communities by conducting and facilitating an inclusive dialogue between the affected communities and the local authorities. CSO, communities and local authorities will be involved in these inclusive dialogues to address socio-economic challenges linked to climate change and access to public services in Ninawa and Diyala governorates”. To achieve this outcome, Oxfam’s intervention will be articulated around three outputs:
1.Dialogues between communities and local authorities are implemented to address issues related to climate change and limited access to public services.
2.Capacities of CSO, communities, and local authorities to implement dialogues on climate change and access to public services are strengthened.
3.Good practices and lessons learned on inclusive dialogues are documented and to be disseminated and scaled up.
The project will be implemented in Ninewa and Diyala governorates
What we are looking for:
We’re looking for a candidate who cares about Oxfam’s mission to end poverty and is personally aligned to our feminist principles and values of empowerment, accountability and inclusion in all you do.
An ideal candidate for the role will also be / have:
- At least 1 year of programming experience in humanitarian or development contexts or related fields.
- Understanding of context, challenges of issues in the project location, climate change and water scarcity issues, community engagement, etc.
- Experience working with displaced persons and protection issues relevant to conflict-affected people.
- Good spoken and written English and Arabic.
- Capacity and willingness to travel to the field in Ninawa (Mosul and Talafar Districts) based on project requirements)
- Very good interpersonal skills, particularly in networking, and working with communities, local civil society and local authorities.
- Commitment to a rights-based approach, gender equality, and protection
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural team.
- Demonstrated capacity for social and communication skills and ability to work with others and as part of a team.
- Willingness to work in insecure environments and a high level of adaptability and initiative
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and other basic computer skills
This job description is not incorporated into the employment contract. It is intended as a guide and should not be viewed as an inflexible specification as it may be varied from time to time in light of strategic developments following discussions with the post holder. The post holder will be expected to work to agreed objectives, which should facilitate the achievements of the key responsibilities in accordance with the Performance Review process
We offer a competitive salary and a range of additional benefits to staff including flexible working options, generous pension scheme, annual leave, additional leave allowances, company sick pay, life assurance and a range of other benefits.
From the day you join Oxfam we invite you to stretch and learn in your role. Our wide range of Learning & Development opportunities includes in-house courses, e-learning modules, on-the job learning opportunities, coaching and mentoring, and much more.
You can read more about all Oxfam has to offer here.
We believe flexible working is key to building the Oxfam of the future, so we’re open to talking through the type of flexible arrangements which might work for you.
How to apply:
As part of your online application, please upload your up to date CV and Cover Letter explaining your suitability against the essential criteria in the job profile.
Apply For This Role
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.