University of Cambridge
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
· To work with the Facilities Manager to manage the financial transactions for new, renewing and exiting tenants. To manage the financial queries that may arise.
· Day to day recording and reporting of income, including invoicing via the St John’s College ‘Blue Box Financial System’
· Manage the Property Services purchase ledger via Blue Box, from purchase orders through to timely payment of suppliers liaising with Facilities & Maintenance team as required.
· Credit control of tenants.
· To input banking transactions to record receipts and payments throughout the month and to reconcile the bank on a monthly basis.
· Managing the process for producing the Property monthly Management Accounts within the time guidelines set by the St John’s College and the Company including prepayments and accruals and variance analysis of repairs & maintenance, capital costs, occupancy and other areas as required. Preparation of monthly key indicators with commentary.
· Ensure the fixed assets process is correctly followed under College rules
· Monthly review of balance sheet accounts including Fixed Assets
· Review and log of timesheets and allocation of time across company
· To assist the budget process, preparing budget schedules, inputting into finance systems, updating management accounts schedules
· To prepare year end files for Auditors
· To maintain and improve company systems, using technology to improve processes across the company and support the other teams as necessary with regard to IT.
· On behalf of the Innovation Centre, update new and terminating virtual tenants in the Centre raClarity and Sage 50 Financial system and manage any virtual tenant balances outstanding.
· To cover for the finance administrator (Centre Services) where possible.
· Continually review processes used, keep instructions up to date, recommend improvements.
· Any other Ad hoc duties as required including input on project work if required.
Intermediate Microsoft Professional skills (esp Excel)
Computerised finance systems
Previous experience of preparing Management Accounts in a similar sized organisation
Working in a small team
Other computerised finance systems, expenses, timesheets, CRM
Property management, facilities management
Able to work well under pressure and like to meet deadlines.
Good communications skills – written & verbal.
Good attention to detail.
Good organisational skills.
Willing to be flexible & supportive to colleagues
Willing to attend courses
Uses initiative, but knows when to ask questions
To apply send your CV to Lynn Nangle. [email protected]
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.