Imperial College London
Are you looking for a new challenge? Do you want to get exposure to Faculty Finance?
The Faculty of Natural Sciences is recruiting a Finance Officer to support the smooth and efficient running of the Academic Departments and assist staff and students with day-to-day financial management.
They will support the Senior Finance Officer in advising and training academic, research, and support staff on College financial procedures and work closely with HR and Research Services counterparts to ensure an efficient and professional service delivery to Academic Departments.
Duties and responsibilities
- Maintain strong expenditure and income controls & records to ensure auditable oversight of departmental finances, including the following activities:
- Check and approve expense claims and oversee Academic Departments’ expenditure control processes
- Check and approve purchase orders above a minimum threshold and up to an agreed amount
- Delete and amend purchase orders according to the College timetable
- Progress complex orders, payments, transfers etc. where required
- Support the Senior Finance Officer and Research Services to open and close accounts as requested
- Process journals as required and maintain supporting documentation as an audit trail for each journal
- Support the Senior Finance Officer to create and maintain expenditure and income control mechanisms for departments
- Support the Senior Finance Officer to maintain and develop Departmental finance records and databases
- Support Senior Finance Officer with ad-hoc analysis and planning.
- Proven numerical and accounting competency
- Experience of working effectively under pressure to tight deadlines
- Strong IT skills including the use of MS Office applications (Outlook, Excel & Word) and ERP software (preferably Oracle and Hyperion Essbase)
- Ability to work in a complex financial environment
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and an ability to relate to staff and students at all levels
- Ability to train and assist customers with queries regarding the finance system and financial processes
- Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative, seeking advice from appropriate members of staff where necessary
- Proven ability to work as part of a Finance Team
This is a full time and open ended role, and you will be based in the South Kensington campus.
Applicants for the role must complete and an online application, standalone CV & cover letters will not be considered.
Should you require any further details on the role please contact the Faculty Finance Officer; Tim Ovenden: [email protected]
The College is currently trialling a Work Location Framework until early 2023. Hybrid working may be considered for this role and the role holder may be expected to work 60% or more of their time onsite, with 40% the minimum time spent onsite. The opportunity for hybrid working will be discussed at interview.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.