Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University has an exciting opportunity for a full time, fixed term Finance Officer role from January 2024 until February 2025. The successful candidate would be expected to work on Headington Campus for some of the week, and hybrid working on the other days depending on business need.
Working as part of the Finance Team the Finance Officer role will carry out the financial duties of the Faculty in accordance with Faculty and University procedures; and to provide a high standard of customer service. The role will support the Business Support Manager (BSM) in the monitoring of contracts and associated activities.
Duties will include:
- Assisting the Business Support Manager and Project Manager in the costing of research, consultancy and collaborative agreements; and in the production of associated reports
- Assisting in monitoring the financial performance of research, consultancy and collaborative agreements; and in the production of associated reports
- Providing project budget holders with the required project monitoring reports, providing analysis (detailed breakdown) where required
- Reconciling the financial system to project reports to ensure accuracy, and to prepare journals as required
You should have:
- Strong Maths and English written and spoken
- Significant financial administration experience in a large and complex organisation
- Demonstrable experience of the use of Microsoft Excel, Word and Google Documents
- Experience of preparing, monitoring, reconciling and reporting on budgets
- Experience of using a financial software package
For more information please see the attached job description and person specification.
The proposed interview date is Wednesday 6th December.
At Oxford Brookes, inclusivity is one of our five guiding principles: we take positive steps to create an environment in which we celebrate, value and provide equal opportunity to all. We are committed to recruiting from the widest possible pool and welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates who embrace our values, regardless of their background.
As a Disability Confident Employer we guarantee to interview any disabled applicant who meets the essential selection criteria.
You will enjoy the benefits of working at Oxford Brookes University with up to 38 days holiday, rising to 41 days holiday (this includes 13 Bank Holidays and Concessionary Days), a generous Local Government pension scheme (19.2% Employer contribution rate), cycle to work scheme and access to a variety of university facilities (Brookes Nursery, gym and sports facilities). For more information about benefits please see the document ‘All about Brookes’ below.
CV and Personal Statement :
As part of the application process all applicants are required to complete our online application form by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button below. All parts of the application form should be completed and in the section of the form called “Supporting Documents”, applicants must upload their CV and a Personal Statement. To complete the Personal Statement part of the application, applicants must download the Personal Statement document which is part of the advert below and complete the form, providing examples and explaining how they meet each item detailed on the document. The Personal Statement must then be uploaded to the application form along with the CV.
To email the role of Finance Officer to a friend please copy and paste the link below:
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.