- Job number: SRH05568
- Status: Intern
- Position: Internship
- Country: France
- Contract Type: Intern
Que faisons nous …
Start date: 02/01/2024 (January 2nd, 2024) – starting date is not negotiable.
Duration: 6 months
Location: Solidarités International HQ (Clichy)
SOLIDARITES INTERNATIONAL is a French humanitarian organization which provides aid and assistance to victims of war or natural disaster. For almost 40 years the association has focused on meeting three vital needs – water, food, and shelter – by carrying out emergency programs followed by longer-term reconstruction projects. Whilst fully respecting the assisted populations’ customs and culture, SOLIDARITES INTERNATIONAL’s programs are implemented through the joint expertise of over 2,000 employees. Solidarités International is currently present in Africa (Central African Republic, Cameroun, South Sudan, Mali, Nigeria, Chad, Democratic Republic of the Congo), in Asia (Bangladesh, Myanmar), in Haiti, and in the Middle-East (Lebanon, Syria, Iraq, and Yemen).
The internship will take place within the Middle-East Desk, as part of the direction of operations (30 persons – also including 4 geographical desks and a technical department). The Middle East Desk is in charge of following the missions in Lebanon, Syria, Iraq, and Yemen and is comprised of: a Desk Manager, a Program Manager, a Project Development and Accountability Manager, a Logistics Manager, a Supply Manager, two Finance Managers, and a Regional Access and Security Advisor. The Middle East Desk Assistant for Programs and Grants will work under the joint supervision of the Program Manager and the Project Development and Accountability Manager and will take part in regular weekly and monthly meetings.
Descriptif de l’offre
Main objectives of the internship:
– Assist in programs and grants management functions including the planning, contribution to the review and submissions of proposals and reports, and the regular updating of trackers and other follow-up tools;
– Ensure proper filing, archiving and centralization of program and grants documentation;
– Understand the different programs and areas of expertise of Solidarités International;
– Understand the humanitarian and geopolitical context of the concerned areas;
– Master the tools related to project cycle management;
– Master the internal SI procedures and those of the main humanitarian aid donors;
– Facilitate communication between the Desk, relevant headquarters department, field, and donors.
– Final year master’s student in a relevant field (for instance international development, humanitarian action, international relations, political science, project management, business or financial management, WaSH or agronomy studies);
– Available for a first mission in the field after the internship
– Excellent written and spoken English and French;
– Strong attention to detail, and excellent analytical, writing, and synthesis skills;
– Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office, and especially of Excel, Word, and online research tools;
– Proactive and critical mind;
– Ability to organize and plan effectively;
– Interpersonal skills and diplomacy;
– Ability to work under stress;
Genuine commitment to the principles and work of SOLIDARITES INTERNATIONAL.
SI vous offrira les conditions suivantes
If a foreigner, the intern must have a French “titre de séjour étudiant”
This internship requires an internship agreement with a university.
This internship is a full-time position only.
The allowance is calculated in proportion to the actual hours of attendance over the month (on average, 154 hours a month – 22 days, 7 hours per day), for a monthly amount of 720 EUR
50% of transport costs (Navigo Pass) covered by SOLIDARITÉS INTERNATIONAL
60% of the monthly cost of tickets restaurant (value: 8.9€ per working day).
2 days of paid leaves per month
Does this description fit you? Please send us your CV and Cover letter in English.
CV-only applications will not be considered.
Tests & Interviews:
Written test (if pre-selected): 20, 21, 22, 23 or 24/11/2023
Interview (if selected after test): 07, 08, 11 or 12/12/2023
For further information about SOLIDARITÉS INTERNATIONAL, please consult our website: http://www.solidarites.org/en/
Champs libre 2
Apply for job
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this internship posting.